O-ring for 4Sevens Preon Revo

tome9999

Newly Enlightened
I have a 4sevens Preon Revo and have had it in my pocket everyday since mid 2011 - best $56 I ever spent :grin2:

Over the last 6 months or so it has started turning on in my pocket and running the battery down. I think the problem is that the o-ring on the cap that once provided resistance against twisting, which turns it on, has worn and now provides no resistance.

So buy a new o-ring and shut up, you say. I have tried many times. The o-ring they used is somewhat unique (apparently) no o-ring I have tried (a dozen or more) fits. They are always too round and the light won't close at all over the round o-ring. The o ring appears to be really thin, or maybe even have a flat profile. I need to look at it under a microscope to be sure. My question is, does anyone know a source for them or know where I might look?

Thanks,
-Tom

tome9999

Newly Enlightened
Jabe1, many thanks! I will contact them and see.
-Tom

Unfortunately they were not helpful. They no longer have the Mi 10 and do not sell retail so they said they couldn't help me. Any other ideas....?
-Tom

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost my neutral white Preon Revo awhile ago & after seeing your post, I realized I still had the box for it. I'm clearly never going to need the spare o-ring so I mailed it to you.

tome9999

Newly Enlightened
I lost my neutral white Preon Revo awhile ago & after seeing your post, I realized I still had the box for it. I'm clearly never going to need the spare o-ring so I mailed it to you.

I received the o-ring in the mail on this snowy Saturday. My light is working great again, no more running batteries down in my pocket. I really appreciate it, thanks!
-Tom

I received the o-ring in the mail on this snowy Saturday. My light is working great again, no more running batteries down in my pocket. I really appreciate it, thanks!
-Tom

lovecpf

~ cG