Angryfox        

Thread: Knife Review -- Ganzo FireBird FH11 D2 Folding Knife

Default Knife Review -- Ganzo FireBird FH11 D2 Folding Knife

Sent for product review by FastTech.com

I do sincerely apologize if I gush a little , the Ganzo FireBird is simply the best Chinese made knife I have experienced to date . The firebird takes Chinese made knives to the next level and priced around $25 USD , one is simply getting a lot of knife for the money . The knife is tight , there is no slop anywhere . The carbon fiber handle feels solid and perhaps a little cold and mechanical . I thought the clip might bite my palm , but no ! Carving up a cardboard box I could barely feel the clip . Also the blade size / thickness is just right , cutting through the cardboard with little resistance . Speaking of cutting ! When I had completed the task of turning the box into strips , I tried to shave my arm . Surprise surprise , it shaved hair with no trouble at all ! Seriously ? , most other knives get quite a bit of wear on the edge and can't shave hair after carving up cardboard . I am amazed that the firebird held it's edge so well . Quite frankly this just might be one of the best Chinese made knives out there , certainly the best that has passed through my hands . I have to say , if you collect or like cheap knives . Then you really need to pony up a little more and get the firebird from Ganzo . Here is a knife that can compete with the more expensive brand name knives from Europe and the USA . If Ganzo continues to make knives like the firebird for the lower end of the $$ market , I would say that other knife makers either need to start worrying or lifting their game . I would rate the FireBird = Must have ! ( Don't have one ? Get one )

BLADE EDGE TYPE Fine
    BLADE HARDNESS Ī60 HRC
    BLADE MATERIAL D2 Steel
    BLADE TYPE Drop Point
    HANDLE MATERIAL Carbon Fibre
    KNIFE CLIP Yes
    LOCK TYPE Liner Lock
    Manufacturer
    BRAND GANZO
    Package
    PACKAGE TYPE Plain
    PACKAGE CONTENTS 1*Knife, 1*Storage Bag
    Dimensions
    DEPTH 3.3 mm
    HEIGHT 117 mm
    WIDTH 27 mm
    BLADE LENGTH 87 mm
    CLOSE LENGTH 117 mm
    OPEN LENGTH 205 mm
    PRODUCT WEIGHT 113 g
    THICKNESS 3.3 (Blade) mm

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Knife Review -- Ganzo FireBird FH11 D2 Folding Knife

Iím glad you put this up! I had no idea they made these with D2 steel. Iíve only seen them in 440. At 24-30 bucks you are basically just paying for the blade. Great looking knives. I could find a spot for it in my rotation. Ordering one now.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast