Acebeam        

Thread: add flashlight index

Default add flashlight index

Is it possible to begin an index of lights, using both the reviews portion of the forum and the 'recommend me a light for' portion and thus limiting the confusion in those.

The light index could have light's name, brand, year, lum, cand, meters, battery preferred, batteries accepted, dimensions or size class (popcan, cigar, FOOTBALL, etc.) And so on.

It could be an image or simply a writen post and it would be edited by a forum regular when an upgrade comes out for each model.

This would be similar to the throw index on the spotlight forum, but for pretty much all handheld flashlights from all brands, sofern lumintop, fenix, Acebeam, surefire - everything. Giving beginners an idea for what they want.

I would recommend using the all but useless spec of lumens for the order of flashlights taking size into account (so the X80GT would be below the Fenix TK75 which has less lumens but is much larger, which would be below the FOOTBALL sized lights like the Astrolux mf04 and Acebeam X70. [Of course the X70 would be above the Astrolux mf04and the blf gt because of higher lumens])

This is my best regarded strategy for improving the forum
    I am astounded this doesn't already exist here or elsewhere online. So much so that I include this here: please tell me where to find the index if you already have one.
    My Favorite owned: Acebeam T21VN Oslon, Acebeam X80GT, Emisar D4TI 18350 hi LED, Fenix TK75 '15, Fenix FD20. Other: Fenix tk09, Emisar D4 hcri LED, Fenix BC30, Fenix tk32 '15, Coast polysteel full line, Coast g10.

Default Re: add flashlight index

Sounds like you're describing flashlights.parametrek.com - that site lists all the specs for a huge number of lights, and links to the reviews whenever they're available, including those here on CPF.

You are most welcome to start such a comprehensive thread if you like. It has been talked about by members in the past but I think the enormous number of past and present flashlights has made this task so daunting no one has had the interest in creating and maintaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    You are most welcome to start such a comprehensive thread if you like. It has been talked about by members in the past but I think the enormous number of past and present flashlights has made this task so daunting no one has had the interest in creating and maintaining it.
    I will agree that it has been pretty daunting.
    Try the largest, fastest, most flexible flashlight search engine: parametrek.com
    41 brands, 2124 models and still growing!
    NEW: battery search, sleeping pads search

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Yes ... this takes a lot of work.

A lot

A lot more than, say, typing into a search bar.
    ... is the archimedes peak

A thread isn't really the right format for a flashlight index anyway. There's too many of them with too many differences between them. It needs to be a searchable database.