how much more runtime will i get with 3 aaa battery vs on cr2032

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm not quite sure what his intention is. Does the scale optionally take 3xAAA batteries? If so, yes, go that route. It will give you many times the run-time, as HKJ points out.

But if you're thinking of wiring up a 3xAAA battery into the compartment that takes a CR2032, then it will definitely be high on the voltage. IIRC, a new CR2032 is something like 3.3v. Three new AAA alkalines in series will be 4.8v. Two would likely work fine (3.2v), but by the time they're half-depleted it will be down to around 2.6v, which might not be enough voltage to power the scale. Even so, it will give more run time than a CR2032.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Yeah, I'm not quite sure what his intention is. Does the scale optionally take 3xAAA batteries? If so, yes, go that route. It will give you many times the run-time, as HKJ points out.

But if you're thinking of wiring up a 3xAAA battery into the compartment that takes a CR2032, then it will definitely be high on the voltage. IIRC, a new CR2032 is something like 3.3v. Three new AAA alkalines in series will be 4.8v. Two would likely work fine (3.2v), but by the time they're half-depleted it will be down to around 2.6v, which might not be enough voltage to power the scale. Even so, it will give more run time than a CR2032.

my old scale used a 2032 and man o man so many times id step on it and the battery would be dead im just trying and hopeing my new scale with 3 aaa s will last longer

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Go with 2 Energizer AAA L92s as I wouldn't put alkalines in anything valuable especially something used in a damp environment with a chance of getting spills on it.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Go with 2 Energizer AAA L92s as I wouldn't put alkalines in anything valuable especially something used in a damp environment with a chance of getting spills on it.

cool i ordered 24 of them i cant belive how cheap they are now i got them for like a tad over 1 buck per battery