Arisaka M300 Opinions Please

mikeyluke6165

Newly Enlightened
Are use it as a weapon light. Uses a Malkoff T1R head. Anyone have one? Let me know and tell me about it please...good or bad.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one and it works well. The output isn't impressive, but that helps it achieve a 45+ minute run time. It's a great choice if light weight is more important than output. If you'd prefer a less tightly focused light pattern, the Arisaka body can me paired with an M300 head. This will have he same beam profile as the Malkoff M61, which many (including me) consider to be outstanding, especially for indoor use.

I've also got an M600 with an E2 Super Throw. It significantly outperforms its smaller sibling, but run time is quite short.

My next one is going to be an M600 with the E2T. I won't be surprised if I end up preferring this one over the others.

They all have decent tints, if that matters to you. Their fully potted design means that you don't need to worry about recoil damaging them.

Last edited:

calviroman

Newly Enlightened
I am running this light, with a SF SR pressure switch, on a SBR. Been using it for about a year now. It's a great option for a primarily indoor, home defense type setup. I would not suggest it for an application where you are more likely going to be outdoors with the prospective of engaging at longer distances (SF Scout heads have longer throw and work better there).