Sealed Light

Blaster48

Newly Enlightened
Looking for suggestions on how to build an extremely bright LED light, that is light weight, and sealed from dust. I have a work environment that is dark at times and needs to be well lit to ensure the job is being performed correctly, yet at the same time it is very dusty. All the off the shelf lights we have tried are not durable enough as the lenses scratch easily and cases and bulbs break when dropped. We have also ran across dust ingress which has created issues internally, ultimately leading to failure. Any help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Zak

Enlightened
What off the shelf lights have you tried? What lights you've managed to kill will give people a much better idea of what your ideal light is going to have to deal with.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Are we talking just regular dust or something more abrasive. I thermal spray and also grit blast. My work is extremely "dusty" and have never had a light Fenix,Surefire,HDS, Malkoff,or Maglite get dust in them.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Decent quality lights are typically made of aluminum with glass lenses and are sealed from dust and water with o-rings. I expect any such light should be fine in dusty environments.

However, if you're working in an area with hazardous or explosive dust, like a coal mine, you probably should get a certified explosion proof light.