• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *FS: CLASSICS- RAW Ti/ IONs/ McGizmo PD/D10 ADDED*MORE PRICE DROPS!*

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
*FS: CLASSICS-UV ION/ McGizmo PD/Swissbianco D10*MORE PRICE DROPS!*

Good day all!
Up for grabs, we have some CPF classics.

Here we have 2 different Cr2 ION's (1 has sold), both in mint condition. Perfect for completing or starting a new collection!
These were Enrique's first creations from a ways back (2005 IIRC) before he was known as Muyshondt, his company was called Photons International and this design went on to become the AEON.
These were the first lights that utilized the Cree X-Lamp, coupled with a custom aluminum reflector, they provide a nice and floody "wash" of light, providing a beam profile that I have not seen in any other light.
Now, compared to today's standards, these do not put out a lot of light (high is 60 lumens @ 350mA) but its the type of beam that makes these lights unique, perfect for the bedside and using for reading while not disturbing the significant other or for those late night trips to the restroom.
Simple 2-stage twisty. Twist for low, twist more for high.
Designed for primary cells only, rechargeables will work but will put low out of regulation and will only provide the high level. Runtimes are very good with Enrique's excellent and efficient circuit, providing 1.5 hours on high and 25 hours on low!!!

Here are some specs from one of Enrique's original sales threads:
CR2 Cell Based
Type III Hardcoat Anodizing
Fully Sealed w/O-Rings & Custom-made gaskets
Ultra Clear Lens (UCL) for 99% Light Transmittance
Cree Xlamp LED (about 60 Lumens output)
Fully Regulated 2-stage Convertor
Also, the light ends up being 2.1" [53.3mm] long when activated on high mode and 2.2" [55.9mm] long when off and 0.7" [17.8mm] in diameter.
CR2 cell will yield about 1.5 hours worth of runtime on high mode, and some 25 hours on low mode. The convertor is constant current regulated in both the high and the low mode, so you maintain efficient control of the power supply with constant brightness throughout, and none of the problems associated with resistor-forced direct drive.
More info here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...tes&highlight=

Cr2 ION in Desert Swirl sporting a UV Cree X-Lamp emitter.
qmx89Gq.jpg
Photons Intl. Desert Swirl UV ION = WITHDRAWN
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Next we have a classic indeed, and really needs no introduction!
jfB0BMi.jpg

Here we have a variation of the venerable McGizmo PD. A McLuxIII PD in Chrome over aluminum. I believe that only 40 of these were produced in Chrome and this one sports the original LuxIII emitter from bin TWOJ (more neutral tint) and a PEU stainless trit bezel (no trits installed).
I sanded and polished by hand the PEU bezel and the original Ti clip to a high luster to match the brilliant chrome finish, while also de-burring the edge of the Ti clip. I added glow O-rings as well.
The threads are butter smooth but one thing to note, when an O-ring is installed, the head is a bit tough to turn. This maybe attributed to the thickness of the chrome compared to hard anno. So I used it with no O-ring but will include one.
One other thing to note, as you no doubt noticed in the pics, is the gold look to the PD button. What you are seeing is the brass showing through the nickle coating on the piston. When I first received this light, I was giving it a going over (cleaning/lubing) and while removing the piston, it popped out and fell onto the floor... Landing directly onto the the piston button and giving it a good ding... So, I sanded it down until the ding was gone and although that did not interfere with the trit, it did leave the piston button a bit lower on one side and exposed the brass. If the brass is polished, the yellow color nearly blends in with the chrome.
If the buyer likes, I can polish the button before sending out and I can also swap out the polished clip for a stock clip (-$40).
CHROME PD = WITHDRAWN

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last up, a minty fresh Nitecore-Swissbianco-4/7's D10 (that's a mouthful!) in the flavor of Whetstone.
SwissBianco and 4/7's teamed up to do a "Tribute" run for this excellent light that featured the "Smart Piston" drive. There were 4 different flavors that were made, Sunspot, Magma, Patriot and the Whetstone that you see here. Only 25 were made of each flavor.
This one happens to be number 17 of 25 that were made in Whetstone.
Purchased from member Puga who made a custom Titanium piston for it that houses 3 trits.
Trits were installed by Puga when I purchased it in 10/15.
Classic 2 stage AA light.
Here is a link to an awesome tribute thread containing all the D10 info you can want from member Zeruel:
\http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?255627-A-Tribute-to-Nitecore-D10

D10.2_zpsy21vznug.png
D.10.1_zpssg0h2zd7.png

Swissbianco D10 = WITHDRAWN

Please let me know if you have any questions!

-Paypal only please.
-First "I'll take it" in this thread has priority.
-Paypal fees and shipping to CONUS are included in the price.
-Not interested in trades at this time.

-Thanks for looking!
-Michael.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*SOLD* Lummi RAW Ti.
ag69fNb.jpg

Titanium RAW in mint and stock condition with the original 2-stage driver and LuxeonIII emitter. Never carried and never altered. Single trit is green, or was since it barely glows now.
I am still a big fan of the LUXIII, certainly not the powerhouses, or as efficient, as today's offerings but still does a great job and this one has a more neutral tint than the more common, cooler tints back in the day.
Excellent machining on this piece, with surprisingly smooth threads for Ti.
RAW Ti =NOW SOLD $135.00

*SOLD
* - Cr2 ION in Black Anno.
CD1Cm93.jpg
Photons Intl. Cr2 ION in Black Anno =NOW SOLD $165.00

Last edited:

F-16fanman

Newly Enlightened
Re: *FS: CLASSICS - RAW Ti / IONs / McGizmo PD*PRICE DROPS*

Wow, beautiful, especially the McLuxlll. Very nice work on the clip and nice effect on the piston.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast

surprised the pd is still here...

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks F-16fanman!
That represents a number of hours sanding, buffing and polishing, not to mention some really sore fingers!! But it does finish that light off proper! Ti is difficult to work to a high luster but the end result is quite rewarding, does not scuff as easily as aluminum and when it does show some scuffs, a bit of polish and some more elbow grease brings it right back!
Yes, surprised it's still here.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bump with new price drops.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

If my PM to you is OK, I`ll take the black CR2 Ion (the non-UV) for the $165.00 sales price.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Black ION is yours Carpe.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bumpo with new price drops and added SwissBianco D10.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *FS: CLASSICS- RAW Ti/ IONs/ McGizmo PD/D10 ADDED*NEW PRICE DROPS*

Thank you sir!

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *FS: CLASSICS- RAW Ti/ IONs/ McGizmo PD/D10 ADDED*NEW PRICE DROPS*

Bump with fresh price drops!

nbp

Flashaholic
Man, that is such a good price on that PD, I cannot believe it's still here. [emoji33]