Fenix Outfitters        
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Giveaway Thread

Default Re: 2019 Giveaway Thread

Ok time to do a give away for a w1.1 light!!!!
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Gosh, how did I miss this?! Vinh wants to give away a light and I miss the post!

You got my attention now!

Vinh's favorite, new LED!

Flashaholic

I'm interested too! I quite love the 1.1 as well. Tried to reply for 2 days but server issues have stopped me each time!

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    I'm interested too! I quite love the 1.1 as well. Tried to reply for 2 days but server issues have stopped me each time!
    Same... glad I wasnít the only one going crazy thinking my internet hated me haha.

Im interested!

Yeah wanted to start too but had to wait. So how about a Sand Z8vn+ with W1.1?
    If y'all would like this light give me some ideas for a giveaway. I have done too many and I am dry hahaha

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I love mine. Too bad it wasnít a 1.1. Guess that means Iím in on this giveaway
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Pick a number then random number generator? I'm in. Or if you do pick a number, i'll be back with a number

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Yeah wanted to start too but had to wait. So how about a Sand Z8vn+ with W1.1?
    If y'all would like this light give me some ideas for a giveaway. I have done too many and I am dry hahaha

Tell the make, model and year of your first car and a story of something "PG" that happened in it.
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Flashaholic

1. Random number

2. Most used Vinh light, and what for.

3. Last used Vinh light, and what for.

Flashaholic*

1. Random number

I like it dot! Thatíll give people some insight into the lights they potentially would like to own.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Name what flashlight brought you to CPF.

For me it was a Surefire E2DL

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1. Random number

I like dotCPF's idea.

Prize: C8vn+, VN4, White1.1 6500K, 18650, Charger

What to Post:

Must fulfill All

1. Pick a number from 1-5400

2. Most Favorite V54 Light & Why

3. Least Favorite V54 Light & Why

4. Must post a photo showing at least one of two lights above.

You may use https://imgur.com/upload to upload your image

Pick a number from 54-5454 for your entry.
    You can also play and not participate in the drawing
    Random.org will be used to draw 1 number from 54-5454. Whose's ever is closest win.
    Must own at least 5 of my lights to participate.
    Free shipping USA
    I reserve the right to change rules and prize anytime I want
    I have full control over the giveaway

Start Date: Now
    End Date: TBD
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Is it 1-5400 or 54-5400 ? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    Is it 1-5400 or 54-5400 ? Lol
    Looks like neither one.
    The gentleman stated 54-5454 lol

I can't play, because I do not qualify for fulfilling: 3. Least Favorite V54 Light.
    Imalent R90TS. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

Yeah, sorry Vinh. I don't have a "least favorite" V54 light. haha.

Flashaholic

I think that's the most interesting question. We all have one, but it's unlikely that we truly dislike the light, just dont like it AS MUCH as some of our others. I expect to learn of a few oddball lights long out of production and spec!

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    I can't play, because I do not qualify for fulfilling: 3. Least Favorite V54 Light.
    You like them all equally?
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic

1. 1311

2. Favorite V54 light: C2vn w/ triple Osram Square HCRI. I don't think this is just a honeymoon period, it might be my favorite. It's just a great, do-all kinda setup in an excellent host. I thought it may be a shelf queen, but will likely be a heavy user. Orange accents are really cool, and I love playing with the glow gasket, very appropriate for the color and quality of the light it outputs, perhaps one of the best tints I've ever seen. I have an old, HCRI 3000K XP-G emitter with a very similar tint and temp that is my all-time fave. This is that light with a large tight hotspot, and lots of output. VN4 10-7-7 is how I'm running it. Stellar light.

3. Least favorite V54 light: E07vn Rustic White 1. Now, it goes without saying, I still adore this light, but that's sorta why it has taken this spot. I never really use it. I'm not a big fan of multi-emitter lights (which is also makes my #1 quite a shocker to me)- or at very least, non-reflector lights. That being said, this host is just too small for what these emitters want to do. The beam is otherwise rather great, it just can't hold too much output for very long, at all. To me, this light is very playful, reminds me of my original loves of lights and takes me back to those "PlaySkool" lights, it's very object-like. But not a light I ever really seriously use. e*: When I want output, I take something like the SD75vn, or if smaller, my Q8. If I want throw, I have tons of easily pocket-able options, and big options too. HCRI emitters work great in these hosts because you can finally get bigger output with HCRI, but otherwise, I honestly have a D25Cvn for every purpose, and picking two I could do everything that the E07vnR does and more, smaller, with better UI, and more usable beams.

4. https://imgur.com/DhZqHvZ
    Last edited by dotCPF; 08-28-2019 at 07:46 PM.

1. 1311

2. Favorite V54 light: C2vn w/ triple Osram Square HCRI. I don't think this is just a honeymoon period, it might be my favorite. It's just a great, do-all kinda setup in an excellent host. I thought it may be a shelf queen, but will likely be a heavy user. Orange accents are really cool, and I love playing with the glow gasket, very appropriate for the color and quality of the light it outputs, perhaps one of the best tints I've ever seen. I have an old, HCRI 3000K XP-G emitter with a very similar tint and temp that is my all-time fave. This is that light with a large tight hotspot, and lots of output. VN4 10-7-7 is how I'm running it. Stellar light. I knew it was a special light then I held it. Everything was just right. Even the price makes sense on this one.

3. Least favorite V54 light: E07vn Rustic White 1. Now, it goes without saying, I still adore this light, but that's sorta why it has taken this spot. I never really use it. I'm not a big fan of multi-emitter lights (which is also makes my #1 quite a shocker to me)- or at very least, non-reflector lights. That being said, this host is just too small for what these emitters want to do. The beam is otherwise rather great, it just can't hold too much output for very long, at all. To me, this light is very playful, reminds me of my original loves of lights and takes me back to those "PlaySkool" lights, it's very object-like. But not a light I ever really seriously use. e*: When I want output, I take something like the SD75vn, or if smaller, my Q8. If I want throw, I have tons of easily pocket-able options, and big options too. HCRI emitters work great in these hosts because you can finally get bigger output with HCRI, but otherwise, I honestly have a D25Cvn for every purpose, and picking two I could do everything that the E07vnR does and more, smaller, with better UI, and more usable beams.

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

1. 2222

2. My favorite used to be the X80GTvn and from a pure performance standpoint, it never disappoints me or my friends. Honorable mention has to go to my D4vn because it gets so much use. In fact, it was used in the picture I'm going to post. I use it as my iphone flash and for fill/effect light whenever a real camera isn't handy. The favorite has to be my most recent E07vn ti/cu, polished, HC, 4xHI 5000 V4, 3xW2. First of all, I'm a sucker for the E07. It's a small, powerhouse light that is stunning when you double click the power button. But it's also a long running, efficient and relatively cool running light at 1500L. I love the cell format, the shape of the light along with relatively deep cooling fins, the aux LEDs, the thick LED shelf and the UI ain't bad either. The best part about this ti/cu one is that it's V54 build perfection and artistically classy. So much hand work goes into this light by the time the LEDs are picked and placed, thermal pasted, soldered, then the incredible polish and the perfect HC coloring. Yes, it's my newest V54 light and there may be a honeymoon effect but it's going to be really hard to beat this one.

3. Probably the D1vn SST40. It used to be my portable hiking spotlight. I still like it a lot but it now gets used the least, partially due to it's 6500K and limited output compared to many of my newer lights. Still, I like the size of it and it stays at a manageable temperature for lot longer than the D4vn.

I carried these to Walmart this evening!
    Last edited by Patriot; 09-02-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Patriot!! Oh my gosh! That is the most STUNNING E07 Iíve ever seen!!!!!! Literal perfection! Can another be produced exactly like that?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    Patriot!! Oh my gosh! That is the most STUNNING E07 Iíve ever seen!!!!!! Literal perfection! Can another be produced exactly like that?
    Thanks 250! Thanks to Vinh for the great light and I'm sure he'd be happy to make you one just like it.

You like them all equally?
    Yes, because:

1. The ones that are older (and therefore a tad wee bit obsolescent) bring back more happy memories than the newer ones.

3. The ones that are bigger, that I carry less often, bring more joy from bigger beam performance.

2. The ones that are smaller, and therefore do not have monster beam performance, I get more enjoyment from getting to carry and use more often.

3. The ones that show more wear and tear from use, I have gotten more enjoyment from more use.

4. The ones that are unique, one-off, and preserved in new condition, give me more enjoyment from being uniquely special and minty.

So, I have several different kinds of sources of "Like" from my Vinh lights, and I do not feel less "Like" coming from the different ones.

--------------
    I am always waiting for the next big big thing, the next big medium thing, and the next big little thing in lights.

1. 3211

2. Acebeam x65vn because it is simply the best all around light! Itís a ďDoes it allĒ light.
    Its great in all aspects so when you average it all out, itís right up there as the best or one of the best. My categories are the basic three: Size, output, throw. Iím sure some of you have two or three more to add, but thatís being too technical, like design, aux lights, ergonomics, heat management, etc...
    So you have some lights like the x45vn and pop can lights x80gtvn which has massive lumens and small size...but lacks in throw.
    Then you have the many throwers that has the size and throw but misses the output mark for example, deltavn, t27vn, mt35vn mini...
    and then you have the big lights thatís are great throwers but Still lacks in output such as tn42vn, manker mk35vn, blfgtvn...
    and finally you have the x65vn and tn42vn90. X65vn is too big, and tn42vn90 was my runner up. It lost the competition due to 5500 lumens. Had it be 8000 lumens, it would be my top choice.
    The x65vnmini is about average size among the top throwers, the output is above average with 12,000 lumens! And the throw is also above average for throwers, coming in at 600 kcd! Not often will you need to shine things further anyways.

3. Mtg2 P60 drop in on solar force L2D. Just not practical. Has to use 2x 16340 cells= no runtime and can not sustain output due to size. Gets hot very fast. At the time(6 years ago) ,it was pretty bad a$$. 2000 lumens in a small light. I even purchased another one lol. I got a dedomed mtg2 dropin. Now, these two lights were replaced with the convoy m1vn with xhp70. Great wow lights. 6500 lumens in a p60 size.

4 entries = 25% chance winning ;-)
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

4 entries = 25% chance winning ;-)
    When is end date? Been busy to post / take photos...

1. 4305

2. Love my copper E07vn, FW3Avn, and my Acebeam L16vn--all of them are nice tint and warm, coincidentally. But my favorite has to go to my Olight X7vn with 21,000 lumens of cooler light that still knocks my socks off 2 years later.

3. Not fair to say "least favorite", but my lesser-used vn lights have a UI that hasn't grown on me for different reasons--Convoy C8vn I never got the hang of the half-press on my particular switch, and my Fenix UC52vn has a 2-switch UI that I never grew to love. Convoy gets the least use, so I guess that is the "least favorite", which still puts it above just about any other light or other device that I own/use!

4. Both my X7 and dog are about 2 years old this month...here is a shot from around the time they came into the world

Keep up the good work Vinh!
    Last edited by Keitho; 09-06-2019 at 09:49 AM. Reason: formatting

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast