Wuben        

Thread: dont be jealous

Default dont be jealous

power went out tonight i had a blast i a course gave some of my lights away to help those in the dark then i played with my light . it is wild how bright even 10 lumens is when there is no other light . only bad thing iss i had no power for my generator
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Default Re: dont be jealous

Yeah, we photon addicts are always "fun" during a blackout. Lol
    I Got tired of looking for the light at the end of the tunnel so i lit that bitch up myself! Convoy s2 365nm, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, Amondotech n30, vss-3A, Reylight Ti Lan v3, Helius Sigma 9, astrolux s41 219, Shadow JM35, BLF GT,

When you use a light in proper dark it reminds you of how people got by with incandescent bulbs just fine. While I love the crazy brightness standard that now exists, I still love and use incandescent regularly.

Regardless, it's not much for edc aside from a Surefire or some such. Being able to carry 2-3 lights casually is maybe one of the best parts of LED ability. I always have a solitaire LED on my keychain, and usually carry a real light or two in addition. Even when it's day, losing power in a building means you're in business!

Quote Originally Posted by Need a Light? View Post
    When you use a light in proper dark it reminds you of how people got by with incandescent bulbs just fine. While I love the crazy brightness standard that now exists, I still love and use incandescent regularly.

Regardless, it's not much for edc aside from a Surefire or some such. Being able to carry 2-3 lights casually is maybe one of the best parts of LED ability. I always have a solitaire LED on my keychain, and usually carry a real light or two in addition. Even when it's day, losing power in a building means you're in business!
    I edc 5 lights minimum. Lol
    I Got tired of looking for the light at the end of the tunnel so i lit that bitch up myself! Convoy s2 365nm, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, Amondotech n30, vss-3A, Reylight Ti Lan v3, Helius Sigma 9, astrolux s41 219, Shadow JM35, BLF GT,

Quote Originally Posted by FRITZHID View Post
    I edc 5 lights minimum. Lol
    Ha! That's awesome. But surely you agree it's just because you want to. I carry one as much as I can in case I'm in a building that loses power (and I'd rather not waste my phone battery which is my only outside contact) and I need light. Usually two though, just to be sure I have a dedicated light that's working. Time to time I carry more, and when I have my backpack (common) I have another few lights.

The one thing I like about power outages is all the light pollution in the neighborhood is gone and a light that throws at all can light up things big time.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.