New Streamlight ProTac 90 Angle Head.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks interesting.

Too bad NiMh aren't listed a a battery option.

I'd also prefer a third, lower mode about 5 lumens.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks interesting.

Too bad NiMh aren't listed a a battery option.

I'd also prefer a third, lower mode about 5 lumens.
If you can use a Primary then you can use a NiMH too they are just recharging Primaries,Same basic voltage no problemo.

ironhorse

Enlightened
Battery type: AA Lithium, AA Alkaline, CR123A Lithium
I wonder how they are accommodating the difference in lenth.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this is anything like the 1L-1AA, it will run fine on Eneloops! I think that Streamlight does not test or recommend eneloops, but the work fine. They probably test/recommend the Energizer ultimate lthiums because they are use by the Military.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this is anything like the 1L-1AA, it will run fine on Eneloops! I think that Streamlight does not test or recommend eneloops, but the work fine. They probably test/recommend the Energizer ultimate lthiums because they are use by the Military.
They still suggest NiCad in many of the lights?

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the dual-cell ability, and wish more lights had a similar design. I also like the clip arrangement. As someone mentioned above, a lower low would be much appreciated, especially when running on 1xAA.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
They still suggest NiCad in many of the lights?

Don't know. NiCds should work being similar to NiMH. My 1L-1AA will run on all sorts of stuff, including cheapo heavy duty AAA's.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know. NiCds should work being similar to NiMH. My 1L-1AA will run on all sorts of stuff, including cheapo heavy duty AAA's.
Yes I am saying that compared to NiMH ,NiCad are for Cavemen.

Nothing personal of course in case..........

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the record, no where on Streamlight's webpage for the light does it say anything about NiCad cells. I'm not even sure how that came up here.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the record, no where on Streamlight's webpage for the light does it say anything about NiCad cells. I'm not even sure how that came up here.
I brought it up,did you read the thread?
I have a Knucklehead for example that is still sold with a NiCad pack as an option apparently and I called them when I got it and asked about them and they echoed the instructions and suggested that NiCads were the right choice.

I use Eneloops or other Primaries in it without issue but this is what they told me.

davemp

Newly Enlightened
Where do you buy this flashlight? I see the polytac advertised but not the protac aluminum light.

Tusk

Newly Enlightened
Brightguy is showing the Protac 90 in stock now.

It's been available for a couple of weeks. I ordered mine on the 14th and it came in a few days later. Works like the Protac 1l-1aa as far as batteries but has slightly lower lumens for slightly longer runs times. A bit more "floody" as well. Nice little light.

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been available for a couple of weeks. I ordered mine on the 14th and it came in a few days later. Works like the Protac 1l-1aa as far as batteries but has slightly lower lumens for slightly longer runs times. A bit more "floody" as well. Nice little light.

Sounds good Tusk, I wonder if Streamlight will offer a head strap for these to use it as a head lamp?