which 14500 battery do i choose?

DoinStuff

Newly Enlightened
I am a noob, so anything I say you can figure is only half accurate. I just started the venture down the path of lithium ion batteries myself. I ordered some EBL batteries, they are red with white stripes? Haven't tried them butt they are labeled INR which are prettry good from what I understand. I also bought Trustfire batteries, which everyone says to stay away from! They are ICR, considered more... I think dangerous? Difficult? I just ran them down and recharged them, 900mAh 14500's took 867mAh charge. Pretty aCcurate. When you see claims of 9,900mAh, 12,000m,Ah, stay away from them. If Samsung, Sanyo, LG, Sony and Panasonic don't make a battery over say 1200mAh for a 14500, how does GTL fit 12,000 in the same size package, stay away!

Do a lot of research on different battery chemistry, their discharge rates and what you are using it for. These high discharge rate batteries for vaping arer expensive, you don't need them for sa flashlight. And of course ask plenty of questions on here, there are guys that can tell you EVERYTHING about lithium batteries! Good Luck, feel free to ask me anything too.

DoinStuff

dennck

Newly Enlightened
I have good experience using two Jetbeam JL148. They are rated at 750mAh and seems honestly rated for my general usage. Based on friend's recommendation, I was looking at Fenix but the store I checked was out of stock at that time.

AB8XL

Enlightened
I have settled with EagleTac 14500 protected cells, all of the Nitecore and Olight cells I have are just slightly to long for the lights I have that accept 14500's.