The Fenix-Store        
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sky Lumen Tange Prefected

Default Re: Sky Lumen Tange Prefected

Clearly you seem to have some influence, for after an 8 hour "rest" period, this Tange V2 is once again working flawlessly! My current preference is to use it or at least attempt to do so for the next day or so and determine if the aberrant operation recurs or was an anomaly. I will keep all posted here but, am very happy with this amazing little light!

Karl

Flashaholic*

Iím trying to give mine some time before I send it back. Not sure what is happening with it.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

The Tange I won must be charged every day or it won't work, even when it hasn't been used. I'm not complaining nor do I want a new one. Just wanted to let Vinh know.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic*

Those little batteries need to stay topped off. Iíd say mine died after the 2 weeks i didnít use it. Itís odd behavior though, cuts on slowly while on charge, the breather in the back does nothing. Iím not worried about it too much. Just sending it back to Vinh so he can figure out whatís going on with it. Iíd rather just buy another at 25 bucks. People shouldnít go into them expecting a lifelong companion.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    Those little batteries need to stay topped off. Iíd say mine died after the 2 weeks i didnít use it. Itís odd behavior though, cuts on slowly while on charge, the breather in the back does nothing. Iím not worried about it too much. Just sending it back to Vinh so he can figure out whatís going on with it. Iíd rather just buy another at 25 bucks. People shouldnít go into them expecting a lifelong companion.
    Huh, I haven't charged my red one since getting it about a month ago, still has some juice, I'm going to see how long it lasts on medium....

OK I talked to the manufacture. Its acknowledge that this is an issue that can happen on some of Tange. For now I will replace all the bad ones. Just send me an email. I will post more as I have updates. Thanks.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

OK so Tange V2.1 is coming soon
    Nichia 219c 4500K Neutral Tint
    Slower charge rate to eliminate current potential issues
    Still $25
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 05-14-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

One of my personal Tange V2 is now having the problem that some are having. The light is lit on low and I cant do anything about it. I will tear it apart to see whats wrong.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Here is what I found. On some samples when the voltage on the battery gets too low the light acts up and turn ON and just drain itself out. I haev to pull the cell out of the light recharge it pop it back in and it works fine. Not sure what is in the circuitry that makes this happens on some of the samples. Manufacture told me if they turn down the charge rate and this apparently fixed this issue on the next V2.1 batch. So if you have a bad one just send it back to me for a replacement. For those that are running these Tange V2 do charge up once every 2 weeks just in case.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Vinh, is this possibly what I'm seeing with my V2 light? It was powered off for several weeks, and when I attempted to turn it on there was no output. I began charging it and it suddenly turned on with no input from me. It is currently running itself down and will not respond to any input from the tail switch. Any recommendations? How do I remove the battery? Thanks.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitz68 View Post
    Vinh, is this possibly what I'm seeing with my V2 light? It was powered off for several weeks, and when I attempted to turn it on there was no output. I began charging it and it suddenly turned on with no input from me. It is currently running itself down and will not respond to any input from the tail switch. Any recommendations? How do I remove the battery? Thanks.
    Thatís exactly what mine did Nimitz. Iíve tried a few charging cycles and it still wonít cooperate.

Flashaholic

Update on my 219b Tanges: running great! Both have died on me completely, but charged right up and zero issues. I wonder if the emitter swap somehow affect that.... regardless, running great, lovely little things to have on hand!

V2.1 shoudl haev zero issues. I have not had any failed and they sat for months now. The order versions are toss up.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

OK so I left a bunch of V2.1 until they are dead for months and they still charges up and work like a charm. I think this light is finally right ;-)
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    OK so I left a bunch of V2.1 until they are dead for months and they still charges up and work like a charm. I think this light is finally right ;-)
    You say that now until I buy one and curse everybody with my bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    You say that now until I buy one and curse everybody with my bad luck.
    How about I send you a free tester so you can evaluate? If yes Email me!

Also if anyone has past Tange that died please email me for free replacement.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Youíre a great fellow, Vinh. Thank you for your kindness, generosity, and love for others, as expressed through your strong work ethic and incomparable customer service. There are so few companies/businesses these days who are as dedicated as you are to making (and keeping) a customer happy. You just donít know how refreshing it is for others to observe your values in action. Itís mutually beneficial and I hope these principles will see you through the end of your ever-growing career as you continue sharing your passion of light with others.

Brandon

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    Youíre a great fellow, Vinh. Thank you for your kindness, generosity, and love for others, as expressed through your strong work ethic and incomparable customer service. There are so few companies/businesses these days who are as dedicated as you are to making (and keeping) a customer happy. You just donít know how refreshing it is for others to observe your values in action. Itís mutually beneficial and I hope these principles will see you through the end of your ever-growing career as you continue sharing your passion of light with others.

Brandon
    And this is why I wonít ever accept a freebie from him he does too many nice things for too many people. I bought my tange knowing it wouldnít last forever. Seemed mine died last time then everybody elseís followed course haha. I am the bringer of darkness for the tange line.

Thanks Brandon!

Yours was bound to die. Not ur fault. I think these new 2.1 are 100 percent now. I havnt had one dead yet.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Do Tange 2.1's stay charged or does the battery deplete after days/weeks? I assumed this was a 2.0 thing but after reading recent posts, I'm not sure.

Thanks.

V2.1 should have no issues.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345