Fenix Outfitters        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your HDS backup light?

Default Re: What is your HDS backup light?

Is that a McGizmo, DS?
    P

Default What is your HDS backup light?

That’s a Haiku head on a AA clicky pac. Yes, it’s a McGizmo.

Hi Peter, yes, InvisibleFrodo say exactly **Haiku head on a AA clicky pac**, bought about a month ago here https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-amp-Mule-SOLD
    Interestingly, titanium is scratched as easily as pure aluminum (almost).

But the advantage is that it’s quite hard, so the scratches are very superficial and therefore are easily buffed out. And since there’s no coating (like anodizing) scratches are much less noticeable. I love titanium!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    My HDS light is a HDS Backup light, and the backup light has a HDS backup backup light. The HDS backup backup light has a HDS backup backup backup light... (could go on with this story until the HDS backup backup backup backup backup backup…. light) ….. But long Story short. If I run out of working HDS light I use my Surefire Lights... and if all this Lights do not work anymore I have a few lighters and original 100CRI candles.
    I guess a Picture tells more than 1000 words

…. and No! I definately will not Picture my Surefires to show the Backup backup backup …. backup backups. This it the HDS Section
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Well, I think you win...

I'll try to follow that post, but I should probably just pack it in now. I was digging through a bin of goodies last night and found a light that I thought was gone. I put it together years ago as a Zombie/SHTF light. A Valiant Concepts single 123 twisty body, a VME head, and a Malkoff M61NLLLL module. Potted electronics, no mechanical switch, polycarbonate lens, single cell sprung at both ends, tailstands like a champ, insane runtime. I figure (outside of HDS Clickies, of course ) it doesn't get much more robust than that. Even though single level only, if I'm down to that light things have gotten pretty bad. Sounds silly, but I was overjoyed to find this light. Pics below...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144443...posted-public/
    Last edited by scout24; 02-11-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    ... then maybe I'll order a Hound Dog Super.
    I will check this out.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...g-Super-thread
    Last edited by RCS1300; 02-11-2019 at 02:44 PM.

I guess a Picture tells more than 1000 words...
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

…. and No! I definately will not Picture my Surefires to show the Backup backup backup …. backup backups. This it the HDS Section
    Lmao. That’s a bucket full of HDS lights 😂😂😂😂
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

I love WOL's picture. It's like a bowl full of sweeties, irresistable.
    P

WOW, enough for 2 or 3 zombie apocalypse? cool

Do you put that bowl out for Halloween😂😂
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Do you put that bowl out for Halloween

Awesome reply!
    Current 24/7 (2019) primary- HDS Rotary 325 long Cree XP-G3 5000K; secondary - HDS High Noon Nichia 219c; Past (for 10 years) 24/7 JETBeam RR0 Raptor; Other: Malkoff Converted Surefire 6p 6z and numerous Fenix, Olight, JETBeam, Surefire, Thrunite, www.AestheticPhotos.com

My backups,

my primary HDS rotary in a pocket slip and my pocket knife while up in NY state traveling. (No persuading devices allowed) and I had to keep the pocket knife small for daily carry while up here near Rochester.

Not visable but in my truck I have my second backup HDS sitting in my holster pouch.

The kit which is usually in my leather satchel I travel with contains a mint 9 year old Jetbeam Raptor RRT0, still brand new, and I also carry my medium thrower that has a couple of cr123 in it, a Jetbeam Raptor RRT-2 which has a nice throw of over several hundred yards even though it is a lower lumen from 9 years ago. Great reflector and super tight spot.

Also note the second larger pocket knife, multi tool, and various other small knick knacks. My life mantra is two is one and one is none.

Current 24/7 (2019) primary- HDS Rotary 325 long Cree XP-G3 5000K; secondary - HDS High Noon Nichia 219c; Past (for 10 years) 24/7 JETBeam RR0 Raptor; Other: Malkoff Converted Surefire 6p 6z and numerous Fenix, Olight, JETBeam, Surefire, Thrunite, www.AestheticPhotos.com

Is that a BM 707 with custom scales?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    I love WOL's picture. It's like a bowl full of sweeties, irresistable.
    P
    Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Do you put that bowl out for Halloween
    This bowl has a nice story, at least for me. I made this bowl by myself long time ago at school. My age was ~13 years. I was in 7th or 8th grade. It took ~6 month until it was finished, since there were only 90 minutes per week we all worked on our bowls.

This bowl was for a long time lost. That was sad for me since I always liked the result much. I was really young when I made it, and the result is still more than good (at least for me). A few month ago my mom told me she found it. Now it it at my location since a couple of month and shares the place in my cupboard with my HDS and Surefire lights.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by lion504 View Post
    Is that a BM 707 with custom scales?
    Nope, way older, old school limited edition 705-401. Picked up a pair of them back in 05. Gorgeous grey g10 scales with silver pocket clip, black spacers.

This bowl has a nice story, at least for me. I made this bowl by myself long time ago at school. My age was ~13 years. I was in 7th or 8th grade. It took ~6 month until it was finished, since there were only 90 minutes per week we all worked on our bowls.

This bowl was for a long time lost. That was sad for me since I always liked the result much. I was really young when I made it, and the result is still more than good (at least for me). A few month ago my mom told me she found it. Now it it at my location since a couple of month and shares the place in my cupboard with my HDS and Surefire lights.
    A bowl with that much sentimental value deserves to be filled to the rim with HDS’s

Default What is your HDS backup light?

My back-up to me HDS is usually just a DQG Hobi+ that os on my keychain. Nothing fancy,but would get me to my bag with my other HDS.
    Last edited by Sos24; 02-13-2019 at 09:19 PM.

More pix of the bowl! Lol.

I want to eat at the same all-you-can-eat buffet you do, WOL.

Me, I think of my HDS as my back-up, sort of. I always carry one. For a while, I was substituting a Zebralight to carry during the day, but it was killing my nerves, so I went back to always having an HDS. When I go out with another light, like a Malkoff for runtime/higher-output, or a Zebra or Olight or a tripple or other super-bright, impress-friends-and-frighten-enemies number, I always have the HDS in case that light leaves me in the dark.

The best weapon in the world is a flashlight. . . . Why? . . . So you can look deep into the other guy's eyes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123