Surefire Stiletto Pro

jimmy22Aus

Newly Enlightened
c9762a94e47324d674dddbca4b5c5139.jpg

Thoughts on this new light from Surefire?

" The Stiletto Pro is the bigger, tougher version of the Stiletto, and packs even more features than its standard counterpart. Like the Stiletto, it has a slim design, making it easy to draw and activate. Optimized by SureFire's proprietary MaxVision Beam[emoji2400] reflector, the Stiletto Pro's 1,000 lumens of smooth, well-rounded light in high-output mode are easily accessed by the body's primary switch or tactical tail switch, the latter also accessing an optional high-frequency strobe. Like the Stiletto, the Stiletto Pro features a 250-lumen medium output and a 5-lumen low output, and the primary switch can be programmed to reverse the activation sequence. A rechargeable lithium polymer battery and included micro USB cable charger make it easy to keep charged up and ready to go. Its Melonite-coated, reversible, heavy-duty spring steel pocket clip keeps the light secure and handy, whether you prefer to store it with the bezel up or down. The Stiletto Pro is machined from Mil-Spec hard-anodized aluminum, so it's tough as hell. "

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking forward to it. Been using the Stilleto for a month and happy. These seem to be nice improvements. Just wish they went to the USB C like the Guardian.

May want to have the Mods move this to the LED light thread.

Flashlike

Enlightened
Bumping this thread to the top. The Surefire Stiletto Pro was announced at the 2019 Shot Show back in January, but is still not in production. I called Surefire Customer Service and asked them how soon it might be available and the only thing the gentleman I spoke to would tell me is that "there is currently no ETA".
I asked him if he had any additional information or reason for the delay and he said "No. There is no ETA for it".

Any CPF members here have additional information on this? Seems strange....

Mark2

Enlightened
That's how they roll. Announcing all kinds of exciting stuff at Shot that either never materialises at all or *much* later and often significantly different from what they announced. It's usually the "boring" stuff that actually makes it to market, so there is hope for the Stiletto Pro. It's been this way for a long time.

Flashlike

Enlightened
That's how they roll. Announcing all kinds of exciting stuff at Shot that either never materialises at all or *much* later and often significantly different from what they announced. It's usually the "boring" stuff that actually makes it to market, so there is hope for the Stiletto Pro. It's been this way for a long time.

That's really lame. :(
I kind of wondered if that wasn't the case since they wouldn't give me any specific reason. This is really disappointing.

LucioRaffaelli

Newly Enlightened
Hi, sorry for google translator...

Do you think Surefire realized that this flashlight a little too perfect for many people (EDC/military/police user) !? And could decrease the sales of several other models with CR123 batteries in same times...

Or the pro was presented too quickly ? I see only one video on youtube and I did not make it work ... maybe it did not have electronics inside?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehoAU-jVrMk

But at the same time he SHOT show himself in the foot ! Because several people wait ! And do not buy during this time without a precise answer...

Please Surefire! Give us a "tactical" answer.

Flashlike

Enlightened
Hi, sorry for google translator...

Do you think Surefire realized that this flashlight a little too perfect for many people (EDC/military/police user) !? And could decrease the sales of several other models with CR123 batteries in same times...

Or the pro was presented too quickly ? I see only one video on youtube and I did not make it work ... maybe it did not have electronics inside?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehoAU-jVrMk

But at the same time he SHOT show himself in the foot ! Because several people wait ! And do not buy during this time without a precise answer...

Please Surefire! Give us a "tactical" answer.

Yes -- I wish Surefire could give us a "tactical" answer! :)

WDR65

Enlightened

[/FONT]

I don't think they thought it was "perfect" at all. It's a niche light that satisfies certain types of users. It's got a nice format but I don't see it replacing more traditional tube style lights yet.

For one thing lack of ability to change batteries when going into a potentially hazardous situation is a liability in my book. Whether you trust rechargeables or not at least with many 18650 lights you can pop in a fresh one or a pair of CR123's. No way to do that with the Stiletto Pro.

The other thing is that Surefire's record with built in battery pack style lights is not nearly as solid as it is with standard formats. I think they're still working kinks out of these systems.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe they figured out that the Nitecore Tup beat them to the punch and the price they want for this light is above that of similar sized 1 cell R123A lights that go up to 1000 lumens but have replaceable batteries.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody notice how the medium level runtime sucks?
1000 for 1 hour while 300 does 1.5hours.

Maybe very aggressive stepdown on max and very flat output on medium?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody notice how the medium level runtime sucks?
1000 for 1 hour while 300 does 1.5hours.

Maybe very aggressive stepdown on max and very flat output on medium?

Yeah that's probably about right. The jump from 300 to 1000 would draw a lot more amps, so 1 hour at a full 1000 lumens is quite optimistic.

It's pretty difficult to even notice the difference between 300 and 1000, especially if the step-downs are progressive and timed.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want one I really like my regular Stiletto and I like the 25 lumen low for how I use it.

So with the original Stiletto I had to buy locally so I could turn the light on while it's still in package so I did not get a green tint, I had to try I few different Stiletto's until I found one that was not greenish tint. So hopefully the Pro has the same type of package so I can turn it on while still in package, just a few seconds turned on is all it takes next to my regular Stiletto.

scout24

Flashaholic
Stilleto Pro shows available on the SF website this morning. It let me add one to my cart... I'm not ready to buy one, but it appears that it's really here. Sledhead- Did you pick one up?