• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New RRT-01 on its way

nightshade

Enlightened
Battery Junction has a release date of Feb. 2nd. Sports a XP-L emitter. Does not have the lovely and large stainless bezel ring of its predecessor, but the bezel ring is smaller and still stainless. Stainless control ring and tritium recesses at the end. Wonder what QC will be like this time around?

ironhorse

Enlightened
Great news.
I hope it has the barely visible low and the smooth rotary ring without the detents like the original did.

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
This should make a lot of people happy! People are always posting WTB adds for this light on the forums. Im in for one!:thumbsup:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope they finished the parasitic drain issue but I'm thoroughly glad they're bringing it bad.

XPL is a weird choice tho

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if they'll make a neutral version. Jetbeam usually doesn't. =\

I do like XP-L over XM-L or XM-L2 or XHP 50, but the XHP 35's are a good competitor to XP-L. XP-L and XHP 35 seem to have a smaller/brighter emitter area and give me a better looking/useable beam over the others, which give me a really wide "blob of light" spot with no spill.

nightshade

Enlightened
I am thoroughly happy with my RRT-01 and it's lego battery ability. Hopefully JB addressed some of the issues from the original, that required modding to fix. Bad and/or no ring grease, off detents that were way too shallow , poor solder joints and defective driver components to name just a few. There are way too many that would EASILY turn on in folks pockets from poor QC. Others felt like sandpaper washers were used in the rings. The XP-L emitter would not have been my first choice, but time will tell if this is a superior effort.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam... dang haven't heard much about them in years and kinda forgot about them. Aren't their lights fairly expensive? I just saw this link and the price of this JET-IIM seems very low for a legit 18650 light from them. Is this legit? :

Don't own any Jetbeam lights, but always thought they were on the more expensive side from what I'd seen?

https://us.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_1383890.html

Edit: That specific one is discontinued, but on a site like Battery Junction it was listed way higher: https://www.batteryjunction.com/jetbeam-iim.html . Is GearBest selling legit stuff?

Last edited:

iroast

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam... dang haven't heard much about them in years and kinda forgot about them. Aren't their lights fairly expensive? I just saw this link and the price of this JET-IIM seems very low for a legit 18650 light from them. Is this legit? :

Don't own any Jetbeam lights, but always thought they were on the more expensive side from what I'd seen?

https://us.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_1383890.html

Edit: That specific one is discontinued, but on a site like Battery Junction it was listed way higher: https://www.batteryjunction.com/jetbeam-iim.html . Is GearBest selling legit stuff?

Still around and kicking. They are supposed to release a bunch of new lights this year.

The RRT-01 2019 edition is out and on sale for $54 from Banggood. PM me if you're interested, or just go to the Banggood deals post.

light-modder

Enlightened
I got one a week or so ago. A little disappointed, the rotary control is very dry. Just makes it feel rough.
For more information the detents are very strong. A little more than I'd like but I know it's not going to turn on by itself. Incase anyone missed another thread about this the slots in the tail don't fit the suspected 2x12 trit vials. Smaller will probably fit but may end up off center for those that care.