High-power Clicky/Momentary switch options?

Signalcorpsoperator

Newly Enlightened
Hi there everyone,

Just curious, what options are available for higher-output LED mods to the old Surefire Z41 and similar tailcaps?

I've been doing a little digging, and the consensus seems that the McClicky or similar click tailcap switch assemblies are rated for ~3 to 5A current draw, a couple rather extravagant P60-style modules that pullled WAY more than 5A. Should one desire to make a high-power build, what options are there out there for us?

I recall seeing that a few years ago somebody built a solid-brass insert that would basically be a solid contact, much like the original Z41 momentary function, and would be more than capable for high-current draw builds, is this still built?

Any and all help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
Tom

fyrstormer

Banned
I have no drop-ins that use more amps than a McClicky can handle, but I have to admit I'm intrigued by the challenge of modding a switch to handle stupid amps nonetheless. Though the Oveready ZRT is probably the best approach since there's literally nothing in that design that can fail, unlike all clicky switches ever made.

Signalcorpsoperator

Newly Enlightened
Hi there guys,

Currently I don't have any modules that would be more than a McClicky could handle either, but I do like the idea of having an "overbuilt" tailcap, if anything in the parts drawer. I'll have to see if I can locate a ZRT, that looks about "perfect". . .

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it!

Tom