Benchmade Bugout 535GRY-1

Thosewhowander

Newly Enlightened
Hey everybody, I made a quick and concise video on the specs on the Benchmade Bugout. Before I bought the knife, I watched 20 plus videos and they were all really long and I thought maybe some people would be interested in "just the facts"

If anybody wants to check it out, here it is:

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ Which grip? I've been eyeing a drop point D2 for a while. They seem a little pricey for plastic scales though.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Standard grip uses s30v now. They switched recently.

BBKoenigsegg

Newly Enlightened
I'm loving my Bugout. I recently got some Aramis CF scales for it, and it really took it to the next level.

boo5ted

Enlightened
I've got the Benchmade HX Axis folder(basically the same knife) and love it.

wraithpc

Newly Enlightened
I've had a few grips, only ones I liked at all were the G10 20cv with Spydie hole, but they did not stick around, Bugout has remained. Grips are nice, but not my preference!

eqywpjt.jpg

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM3 is a scaled down version of PM2.
Personally I prefer PM2, fits my (medium) hand good and EDC in waist band or pants pockets very well.

Although, reading FB Spyderco group there are a lot of guys with large size hands who prefer the smaller overall size of PM3.. So go figure.. Maybe those blokes are use to fiddling with small pistols :D

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter, you won't be sorry with PM2 purchase!

I bought a PM3 and ended up giving to my wife. She said it fit her size hands perfect. Tho, she has mastered the flip open to where I'm now having second thoughts if giving a blade to her was a wise decision lol

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm sure I'm OT, but what's the difference between the Para 2 and 3. please?
I going to get one or the other, I just don't know which.
P

Para 3 was made for people who live in more restrictive jurisdictions where a 3-inch blade is the absolute maximum allowed for legal carry out in public. So smaller than the Para 2. But everything else about it is the same.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Monocrom, the way law reads in CA, 3 inch max blade length applies only to fixed blades like daggers and boot knives.

Any length folder is perfectly legal to carry concealed as long as knife is in folded position.

I know it doesn't make sense, but no law makers use common sense, either party (-;

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Monocrom, the way law reads in CA, 3 inch max blade length applies only to fixed blades like daggers and boot knives.

Any length folder is perfectly legal to carry concealed as long as knife is in folded position.

I know it doesn't make sense, but no law makers use common sense, either party (-;

Ironically, there are jurisdictions even more restrictive than the peoples Republic Of Kalifornia. Unfortunately. :(