Imalent        

Thread: It automatically log out of my account and my done post is ungone!!

Rant It automatically log out of my account and my done post is ungone!!

It spent 4 hours to write my first review of the Olight Warrior X and somehow my acc was automatically logged out. I only noticed that went i was going to preview the post, and after logging in again, IT ALL GONE . Is there anything i can do?

Update: Jesus, it gave me a heart attack. I finally found it after going back a few time.
    Last edited by Jesse_hoang; 02-03-2019 at 05:21 AM.

Default Re: It automatically log out of my account and my undone post is gone!!

Hmmm just had the same thing happen to me, it's so annoying
    I forgot my own rule when I post here (as it happens quite often) to copy what I just wrote then I will have a backup that I can paste again.

Some kind of magics happened and i've found it. Next time i'll copy everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    Hmmm just had the same thing happen to me, it's so annoying
    I forgot my own rule when I post here (as it happens quite often) to copy what I just wrote then I will have a backup that I can paste again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse_hoang View Post
    Some kind of magics happened and i've found it. Next time i'll copy everything
    As your typing if you watch down in the lower right corner "Auto Saved" will pop up there once in awhile.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Also at the top of the page when you log in make sure the Remember Me box is ticked. That way it won’t time out.

Thanks for the tip
    Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Also at the top of the page when you log in make sure the Remember Me box is ticked. That way it won’t time out.

For any detailed and lengthy commentary, like an in-depth review or the like, I generally compose and edit offline.

Once it is complete, then I copy-paste it, to submit.

In those cases where that is not possible, as others have suggested, I do try to remember to select-copy, prior to posting (for that very reason)
    Last edited by archimedes; 02-03-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Banned

I don't trust the auto-save feature. (it never seems to save posts that I really need it to save.) I will write long posts in the CPF rich-text editor so I can be sure they will look right, but then I copy the text to Notepad before submitting just in case something goes wrong. In the case of posts that I consider particularly valuable, I save the text in Notepad forever so I can restore it in case of a catastrophic database error.

It's not just CPF, I've had this same problem occur on every forum I've ever used. Even if everything seems to work right from the user's perspective, the database could crash while you're writing a long post, and when the database is offline even the auto-save feature won't work right.

This is one of those situations where software should work better, but it doesn't, so a little caution is appropriate.