4/7 MiniMkII Ti went Crazy?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well my Ti Mini MKII seems to have lost the Driver I imagine?
It only turns on in High or Turbo it seems and will not switch modes or really anything but burn like fire in my hand.

I have another one but in Black and the head from that one is fine on the Ti body and the black ones Body makes no difference in the Possessed Head.

Any ideas?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well evidently the light just jumped programming and went into a selection of high only.
Now I wonder why or how that happens?
Anyway I programmed it back to normal but might never trust it again too?
Guess how I knew it was on in my pocket!

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well evidently the light just jumped programming and went into a selection of high only.
Now I wonder why or how that happens?
Anyway I programmed it back to normal but might never trust it again too?
Guess how I knew it was on in my pocket!

My guess is the head was tight enough that if something were to push on it, it'd turn on and back off once the pressure was off. Lather, rinse and repeat however many times it takes to get high only.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is the head was tight enough that if something were to push on it, it'd turn on and back off once the pressure was off. Lather, rinse and repeat however many times it takes to get high only.

Maybe?

The thing is that this light is not just a Twisty but a Ti Twisty with gritty threads too.
It took a few tries to get it re-programmed while trying to to so and I really have a tough time accepting that it just happened on its own while in pocket but........
So to clarify this you need to turn it on and off 10 times just to get into program mode and then turn more to change programs!
That would be one busy pocket!?:caution::eek:

If it did that sure blows the idea that a twisty can not turn on in pocket or that my pockets are a safe place?

The other odd thing is that when I took it out of the pocket it seemed like I had to completely unscrew it to get it to turn back off,this must be a clue of some kind too?

I know I will have to think it over now before putting this one back into the pocket!:shakehead

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe?

The thing is that this light is not just a Twisty but a Ti Twisty with gritty threads too.
It took a few tries to get it re-programmed while trying to to so and I really have a tough time accepting that it just happened on its own while in pocket but........
So to clarify this you need to turn it on and off 10 times just to get into program mode and then turn more to change programs!
That would be one busy pocket!?:caution::eek:

If it did that sure blows the idea that a twisty can not turn on in pocket or that my pockets are a safe place?

The other odd thing is that when I took it out of the pocket it seemed like I had to completely unscrew it to get it to turn back off,this must be a clue of some kind too?

I know I will have to think it over now before putting this one back into the pocket!:shakehead

I don't know how tight or loose your pants are, but it is entirely plausible that is what happened. Imagine every slight movement your leg does during the day. Every single one of those has the potential to put pressure on that head. Try this, tighten the head to just before it turns on. Now push on the head. It should turn on until you stop pushing. Now push on it a bunch of times. It'll eventually go into programming mode.

As far as having to almost completely unscrew the head to turn it off, that's definitely a clue, maybe a short? I'm not at all familiar with this light, I'm wondering if maybe the pill in the head is loose and the negative contacts on the pill are shorting on the threads?

Try contacting Foursevens and see if they can help if nobody on here can.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mini Mk II Ti is a nice looking light but I was never able to get it to change modes reliably so it's a shelf queen over my wife's kitchen desk.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course and I checked the spring for stacking as shown in the video too but all was OK there.
All Ti devices I have ever worked with were gritty where the surfaces meet,Ti galls easily and smears too when polished and is just tough to work with in general but it sure is purdy anyway.

So as I said I have it working again and programmed as I like it but I am just skeptical now that all will be well because it was well before it tried to burn me down too!
Have you given the light a thorough cleaning?

~ Captain Obvious

Yes, it galls, smears and is generally tough to work with. .... That's why I use Munky Spunk, folks! I use it on all my titanium flashlights, and you should too! You just can't buy a better lubricant for Ti. Available from the fine folks at darksucks.com. But wait! There's more!

~ Chance :p

5Vm5Weh.jpg

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

x2

it is extremely easy for a twisty to turn itself on, even with side pressure, unless the head is sufficiently loose.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah,not really.

The first guy who suggested this said he has no experience with this light and I am pretty sure that you are in the same boat?

Trust me this thing takes concentration and dumb luck to hit the initial cycle required to get it into programming mode if you want to!
Much less possible by accident and I also consciously always untwist it before putting it back in pocket hoping to avoid this even more.

I think it is fair to say that there is no way to have this light go into programming mode accidentally from pocket carry no matter how you try to rationalize it.

x2

it is extremely easy for a twisty to turn itself on, even with side pressure, unless the head is sufficiently loose.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just because I have no experience with that particular light means nothing with regards to twisties and this particular UI. My comments were regarding the assembly of the light, not operation.Just for the heck of it, I put my Preon P1 MKIII in my pocket today clicked on but loosened the head just enough for it to turn off. For all intents and purposes it's now a twisty with the same UI as your Mini. Guess what happened throughout the day. Yep, it cycled on and off enough times to change the mode group more than once.