Rubber Shoes

zerodish

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a set of new old stock Shoes For Crews in a Goodwill. These are made of rubber and nothing but rubber cast as a single unit. I wore these for a year and managed to wear off all the tread. Rubber has a very low porosity so you can wash them out and they will be dry in a minute. Since then I bought the plastic alternative from Walmart and got 3 months out of them before they ripped at a vent hole. I also bought Dunlop rain boots also made of plastic. These ripped at the head of the metatarsal after 3 months and were painful to wear. I am working on second set of Dunlops that are the same size same tread and sold under a different name that have a bit more metatarsal room. I will be going back to pure rubber. Shoes For Crews do not have protection for glass cuts or nails though you can buy inserts made out of carbon fiber Kevlar etc. What would be Idea would be a cottage industry spring up so people could cast their own shoes using molds of their own feet. Since I am a cyclist with over 100000 miles I would like to mold the shoes industry a bit. Performance bicycle sold Kevlar impregnated rubber tires. These were later sold under the Geax brand. I found these lasted about 5 times as long as tires without the Kevlar. The chopped Kevlar allowed the tire to expand so this would be a good choice for shoes. Of course you could also add a Kevlar belt to the soles to give glass protection.

nbp

Flashaholic
The Shoes for Crews shoes I used to wear at my previous job were specifically made to be non-slip for restaurant and industrial applications. By the nature of their design the treads were not long lasting when worn outside in rough conditions, but they were non-slip even in the worst conditions. I could walk through our blending rooms where the floors were covered in silicones and surfactant blends and every slippery thing you can imagine and never fall down. It was amazing.