Any Suggestions on what i can do with this mini Maglite?

buddah1337

Newly Enlightened
So i got this 3 AA cell mini maglight a while ago. It fits so well in my get home bag and i really like the size and output. The other day i needed it and it was dead, the contacts on the led were broken. I cant seem to even find a 3 AA cell mini mag anymore. I have the little switch bulb assembly out and other things seem wrong with it. So im hoping i can just replace this piece or get something to upgrade it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Wokqk1DJNZEu8P9C8
xy2p7t6Xf5dmdBBR9
IMG_20190206_185415.jpg

IMG_20190206_185440.jpg

Burgess

Flashaholic
In USA, they have
a Lifetime Warranty !

I have one of those, also.

Quite RARE now, I suppose . . . .

buddah1337

Newly Enlightened
Well it looks like for $8 i can get new switch and stuff. So looks like ill be going that route, but from what i'v see it will be completely different than the origional 3AA insert it had.

Nephron44

Enlightened
I think it would be cheaper and easier to just do it myself, and ill get the same replacement part from them. I ordered the part today, ill see what i get from them and let you know.

Cheaper than postage to Maglite to use their lifetime warranty?

Nephron44

Enlightened
I'm in the the middle of nowhere Illinois.

It was 9 bucks to get the part shipped to me. I imagine it would be about the same shipping to CA and back.

Probably not if you used the cheapest USPS option. Plus, you would have experts working on the light with guaranteed service. I would be worried about fixing it myself because Maglite could then argue it was your fault if it still doesn't work.

buddah1337

Newly Enlightened
Probably not if you used the cheapest USPS option. Plus, you would have experts working on the light with guaranteed service. I would be worried about fixing it myself because Maglite could then argue it was your fault if it still doesn't work.

From what i'v seen its basically a drop in part, it should just be everything but the main body and head. If it dosent fix it i'm only out 9 bucks.

buddah1337

Newly Enlightened
Received a package from Maglite today it took longer to open it than get the new part in.

IMG_20190212_163646.jpg

The new switch and light were a little different than the original setup but it works again and seems maybe a bit brighter.

IMG_20190212_164058.jpg

IMG_20190212_164353.jpg

Success!!!