Arc 4 with Aggressive Bezel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Short answer is no, not unless to add to the length. I'm not quite sure how you think this would be a usable thing. Your hands must be pretty small, since I have enough trouble using the light without my fingers getting in the way of the beam, let alone attempting to gouge someone's skull in with it.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Well, I was hoping the aggresive bezel will stick out an extra half inch, then when I'm ready to stick it into someone, I'll just hold it a little bit forward.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i've always thought those things were ridiculous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

i'm going to guess that it would be possible to make a new lens retaining ring with points on it, but as i haven't seen the arc4 in person yet, i can't say for sure...

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
i've always thought those things were ridiculous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

i'm going to guess that it would be possible to make a new lens retaining ring with points on it, but as i haven't seen the arc4 in person yet, i can't say for sure...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. When the TID device 1st came out, I bought dozens of those, just to have. I actually put one on my E2E and carried it in my backpack for a few months. Bad decision. In reality, there's really nothing good that could come out of an Arc4 TID.

spud

Newly Enlightened
How about a TID for an AAA ?

Only joking.

I use torches to light things up, not to stick into people.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
actually spud....it's been done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
think so...

either that or it was just a drawing. my memory is real bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

spud

Newly Enlightened
An AAA, or any light for that matter ,with a TID seems like bad news. I regularly go through airport security with my lights. You just need to give customs one more reason to confiscate, and they will.

Besides which, I've never bought a torch for "self defence". Only for lighting things up with.

I live in the U.K. the next thing you know flashlights will be banned here if this policy of making lights look more aggressive continues.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Sorry for my ignorance but what does TID stands for?

What I was thinking is that if I can just buy an aggressive bezel ring; put it on the Arc 4. When I fly, I just put the original ring back, leave the aggressive ring in the check-in luggage and when I arrive to destination, I just put the aggressive ring back on the light and use it for self-defence if necessary.

As for the aggressive bezel, it is also used for when you put the light face down; you would immediately know if the light was accidentally left on. That's the main reason why the SF L4 has the small indent. I just find that without the indent (even if it is small) the Arc 4 was less well design. Bigger indent would be better because you can actually use it as a self defence weapon.

The aggressive bezel is strictly for self-defence. An attacker would do more damage stabbing someone with a 1 inch knife rather than an aggressive bezel. Can you imagine trying to rob someone with an aggressive bezel and tell them "Give me your wallet or I'll stab you with my aggressive bezel flashlight!"

[ QUOTE ]
chiaroscuro said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif and you have a license to do this?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, you don't need one. People are just making an aggressive bezel, not mounting a knife at the end of the light.

[ QUOTE ]
spud said:
I live in the U.K. the next thing you know flashlights will be banned here if this policy of making lights look more aggressive continues.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you allow carrying a 1 inch Swiss army knife in UK? I have been carry one on my key chain for over 20 years. Also, for Hong-Kong (where the aggressive bezel originated), peoples are not allowed to own any firearm at all and they are much more restricted than North America. Knife is marginal and an aggressive bezel flashlight is allowed.

Edit: to think about it, a 6D Mag can do more damage as a weapon...

chiaroscuro

Enlightened
obviously my warped sense of humer was wasted./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif
I think that if you really must use a small flashlight w/ an aggressive bezel,I would be far more intimidated if you wore the bezel ring on your finger. Or use a larger flashlight.You need more mass for this sort of thing.
It wouldn't exactly make your Arc4 pocket friendly,either.
But,best of luck.

spud

Newly Enlightened
CalgaryGuy,
TID stands for tactical impact device.
The U.K. knife laws bans you from carrying any knife with a blade over 3",
and more stupidly any blade that locks.
So you're O.K. with your SAK ( Just don't try boarding a plane with it. )

fred0109

Newly Enlightened
If the Arc 4 is the same diameter as a Inova X5 then you can buy one here. I do not own either light, but if diameters are close, then it should work.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i'm sure one could be made...

i can't do it, because i don't have a mill, but i'm quite confident it could be done.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Rothrandir, who has a mill and how tough is it to make a bezel if someone has a mill? I was hoping someone in the Mod forum would have that answer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i know mcgizmo does, but he's conviently in hawaii right now, abusing the wildlife with high powered flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

it shouldn't be too tough to actually make one, if you have all the right equipment.
unfortunately, i dont /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.