Lanterns

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ok there really is no correct section for this but figured I'd try here first. I'm looking for an old fashion handheld candle lantern. If anyone has seen the first Harry Potter movie it's the one Hagrid is using. It looks to have convexed glass sides to help throw the light. Crazy question but anyone know a company that makes lanterns anymore? Thanks

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean you want a paraffin lamp? Or do you actually want to use a wax candle?

(I won't tell the mods about this thread being in this sub-forum, if you wont.)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Bahaha...

Its my first day...

Best excuse ever but, unfortunately my boss is wise to it now😂.

Would You you buy that I have been doing a 10 hour Harry Potter marathon with my kids and and my brain has turned to much? 😂😂

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would You you buy that I have been doing a 10 hour Harry Potter marathon with my kids and and my brain has turned to much? 😂😂
I sure would. I didn't watch any Harry Potter today and my brain feels like mush lol.

Don't worry that's the great thing about CPF, we all got each other's backs👍. There is no "I" in CPF after all😉.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
REI sells the UCO Candlelier lanterns. I use them for camping. I got an accessory kit for the single candle version a long time ago and it came with a spoon shaped reflector. Not sure if they still sell these.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quick Google search turned up a replica of Hagrid's lantern with a warm LED candle. Might be a kid safe alternative.

Personally, I enjoy the Feuerhand Baby oil lamps. I got two of them from Vermont Lanterns.

Knife-and-light.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya I see all the replica stuff they make. Can't seem to find a real working model.

Cavannus

Newly Enlightened
First I though you were looking for bullseye lanterns (that burn canola oil), but actually you want an old candle lantern.
You'll find many ones on auction sites, especially if you use keywords in various languages.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
You know I actually found a few at Walmart. There not as sturdy as what I was looking for but not to bad.i have also learned how much light a single 3" diameter candle puts out and have to say it's a lot more then I thought. When it's real dark out you can navigate around just fine with it.

Udenencan

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these NEBO Poppy flashlights on Amazon for 20 bucks. [FONT=&quot]Definitely good for emergency power outages. I was quite surprised at the amount of light these lanterns produced. Great product for such a price. [/FONT]