Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Custom 12V Power supply

Default Custom 12V Power supply

This was my project for the day today(was trapped at home by the snow) It is a converted 300 Watt ITX mini power supply, but it still gives I think something like 28 AMPS of 12V, so it is perfect for my uses. I do everything with 12V because most gadgets I created eventually find use in my car, so it just makes things convenient. I did also standardize to PC based plugs(2, 6, 8pin) because they all can plug into each other and as long as I use the right gauge wire they have known wattage numbers. I also added a 12V lighter socket for testing convenience as well as a few micro style plugs that I use for smaller devices like low power LED strips

15 by DragonSystems, on Flickr

Default Re: Custom 12V Power supply

I did something sort of similar!

https://zeroair.org/2018/06/18/how-d...er-from-a-psu/

I didn't terminate in a cigarette plug, though. I have a bunch of banana plug connectors, and a variable voltage output.

I have another project in the works that's similar to this one, too.

Default Re: Custom 12V Power supply

Good god man, that thing is outta control... I just wanted a quick and dirty high amperage 12v capability.. Im too lazy to build something like that.. you will find that while a lot of the stuff I produce is interesting, most of it is very simple because im rather impatient