Any new HIR bulbs out there worth trying?

vibenvy

Newly Enlightened
I have had Vosla HIR2 +30% low beam bulbs (from GM) and Philips HIR1 high beam bulbs installed in my 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT for a couple years now. The lighting is awesome, but recently I have been wondering if there have been any improved HIR bulbs that have come out within the past couple years that would be worth upgrading to? I had seen mention of these Toyota bulbs on here in another thread or two. Pricey, but I'm more than willing to pay the price if they are indeed worth it.

I also stumbled upon a link for these. Now, obviously, these have been discontinued, but again, if they are superior to my current Philips and/or the Toyota bulbs, I'll definitely buy a couple!

Any and all input is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

*Also, although the Vibe is 10 years old, the headlights (fog lights and taillights too) still look brand new because I wax them on a regular basis and the Vibe is always garaged when at home.

Last edited:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The Vosla Vosla HIR2 +120 will eventually enter the distribution pipeline, and that'll be your low beam upgrade. That's a fine price on those old-style GE HIR1 bulbs; you might try a side-by-side comparison and see whether you like those or the Philips better.

Sadden

Enlightened
I wanna try the toyota bulbs but im worried ill get the basic phillips ones like when i ordered via GM.

vibenvy

Newly Enlightened
-Virgil- said:
The Vosla Vosla HIR2 +120 will eventually enter the distribution pipeline, and that'll be your low beam upgrade. That's a fine price on those old-style GE HIR1 bulbs; you might try a side-by-side comparison and see whether you like those or the Philips better.
I had actually read through that post about the 120s! It looks like the glass on those is blue. Consequently, do they produce a noticeably "whiter" light? I'm a fan of warm white, not cool white.

I may go ahead and order a coupe of the old school GE bulbs to try for the heck of it.

A friend of mine who is a Toyota Tech said those Toyota bulbs like to break leaving glass in the headlight housings, so I think I'll definitely pass on them.

Sadden said:
I wanna try the toyota bulbs but im worried ill get the basic phillips ones like when i ordered via GM.
I ordered the GM Voslas from GMPartsCenter.net and received legitimate Voslas.

FWIW, I have ordered from this Toyota dealer numerous times with no issues.

Rather than start a new thread, I'm just going to add a couple more questions here.

1.) Are these Voslas any better than Philips X-treme Vision +100% for #9007?

2.) Are these Voslas any better than Philips X-treme Vision +100% for #H11?

Thanks again!

mikered30

Newly Enlightened

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I got mine from Daniel Stern (did you guess? LOL) and I like them a lot.