Led strip help

Solarbarack

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. New to the forum. I need a little schooling. I'm trying to make a set of led whips. Not because it's cheaper, but I like learning as I go. I'm looking at the ws2812 led light strips, but like the ws2813's for the fact that if one led goes bad the rest will work. Not sure who makes a good one. The ones I'm looking at are ip65 rated. I'm looking for a WiFi led controller that can be shrink tubed to the base of the whip. If I use two of them can they be synced? Also going from 12v to power these what would I need? Thanks.

Solarbarack

Newly Enlightened
I"m not sure if Bluetooth would be better in this situation. I play my radio through Bluetooth, and am not sure if I'd be able to play the stereo and have it run 2 controllers at the same time. I know they make something to accomplish this. I may add rock lights at a later date too, so not sure how adding on to this would compound.

Solarbarack

Newly Enlightened
Only problem with that is this would be going in a side x side the smaller ones can be shrunk wrapped to the whip, so they remain waterproof. This one would need to be put in a sealed box, which would defeat the purpose.