Are Copper Betas lacquered?

SWE

Newly Enlightened
I've had a copper beta for a couple weeks and the tail area (for the QR) has a bit of patina but the main light body is still clear and shiny. I don't expect this based on other copper lights I've had. Is the body lacquered or coated? Can this be removed safely if it is?

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I don't believe it is. I have also noticed that my beta has a patina that is different from my other copper lights. It also seems to polish itself inside my pocket in a way my other copper lights do not.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had my Copper Beta QR a couple of years & it is not lacquered. I use a polishing cloth gently on the light & the "indentation" rings I try NOT to polish; the result is a nice polish on the light with almost a purplish Patina on the rings-it doesn't show well on photos but I think it is very attractive. I just bought the Prometheus Clip for use on my Brass Beta QR & like it so much I may use it on the copper one too....

SWE

Newly Enlightened
I'll have to take some pictures. The rear has a definite patina but the the main body hasn't changed at all.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is uncommon for a copper patina to rub/get occasionally polished off.
It is possible, don't get me wrong, I have heard of this happening to others before, people unable
to get a copper light to patina for them. The discoloration/patina near the QR might be a mix of copper,
stainless steel, and Brass that can build up over time. Jason sells a product called Sunshine cloth.
It will bring Brass and Copper back to a bright shine easily.

Be sure the socket where the QR engages is free of foreign materials. Excess water/oils can attract
debris that can get pressed into and adhered to the end of the socket and flat edge of the Male QR.

A picture of yours would help others to better reply ;)