Small light with direct access to red LED?

Senator

Newly Enlightened
All-

I feel like I've failed myself by coming here, but here I am. I'm looking for a "small" light that has direct access to a red mode, but also with a white mode.

Preferably single cell (AAA, AA, 16340) size, but outside of that, I'm not hard set on anything.

I've already got a Gerber Recon, which is pretty much perfect, but I like to have more than one option on my dresser/in my bag. I don't think I'll have to explain that here... :)

I've looked at the Fenix LD15R, but there is no "direct access" red mode. I've also looked at the Streamlight Sidewinder II Compact, but there seems to be a theme in some of the online reviews that it has some reliability issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sen

ironhorse

Enlightened
Takes 2 Double a, and probably larger than you want, but The First-Light Torq is a pretty handy light. No issues with mine whatsoever.

PJ

Enlightened
I don't recall the model number but I have a Nitecore that uses a single 16340 or 18350 battery. It has a single white LED and an auxiliary red LED. It has a switch with 2 buttons, one is power and the other is mode change. IIRC if the light is off and you press and release the mode change button the red LED comes on. If you then hold the mode change button the red LED flashes a beacon mode. I'll have to dig this light up and verify this info.

Update: the EA11 is an AA/14500 and the EC11 is 16340/18350.

Last edited:

Brigadier

Enlightened
I don't recall the model number but I have a Nitecore that uses a single 16340 or 18350 battery. It has a single white LED and an auxiliary red LED. It has a switch with 2 buttons, one is power and the other is mode change. IIRC if the light is off and you press and release the mode change button the red LED comes on. If you then hold the mode change button the red LED flashes a beacon mode. I'll have to dig this light up and verify this info.

Update: the EA11 is an AA/14500 and the EC11 is 16340/18350.

I can recommend the EC11. Great little light.