Unleaded Gasoline Survey

metalhed

Enlightened
I have to fill up (if you can call 8 gallons a fill-up) my Suzuki Samurai tomorrow so I'll post current price for unleaded then. My Sammy gets about 22 mpg...not great, but not too bad either.

For some perspective on how badly prices are rising in real terms, check out this web page . We're paying almost 75% more today in adjusted dollars than we did in 1970. What a gouge job!!

The only answer is to embrace new technologies like hybrids, and give up our fascination with big SUVs and big engines. Hit Big Oil where it hurts. Walking is still cheap ya' know.

6pOriginal

Enlightened
glad I am not in CA at the momemt:

taken from downtown San Francisco I believe
T40403051841180.jpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I filled up yesterday here in Fayetteville, NC. A friend found a station that was selling it at $1.59 a gallon. Every place else in Fayetteville is running about $1.68-70 a gallon.

Blades

Michael

Newly Enlightened
Paid $1.64/gal last night in Framingham, MA. When you consider the cost of gasoline in Europe and other parts of the world, even Californians have it pretty good.

jtice

Flashaholic
About $1.65 to $1.72 here.

My 4 banger truck only gets 16.3 Miles per gallon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
Isn't it amazing how cheap our fuel is here? Considering that in 1970 milk and gas were about the same price and now Milk is over $3.50 a gallon and gas is about $1.70 adv across the country. Or heck if you ran your car of Pepsi, that is usually over $4 a gallon. As much as people complain about the price think of it compared to any other gallon of liquid, then think about how it got to your tanks, it is completely amazing that it is as cheap as it is with all that handling and traveling and refining. Heck even water is more expensive then gasoline and we have a bit more water then oil /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
I paid 14,000 quarks last week for 1 ounce of gas.

???

What does this mean?

Nothing!

We can't really compare prices w/o taking into account cost of living, taxes (netherlands), etc.

Unless it's just for kicks...

Gas is still cheaper than milk.

Greta

Flashaholic
$1.92 for the cheap stuff and $2.09 for the good stuff... my poor baby has had to settle for the cheap stuff lately... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Hmm, I guess we're on the high side in NYC, but that's no surprise: cheap gas at $1.95 in the city, $1.89 northern suburbs and $1.85 east on long island. Better'n CA, tho.
daloosh

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
$1.59 weekdays $1.64 weekends.Regular 87 octane, 25 mpg/17 mpg pulling my 6 MPG boat that demands the highest octane available, it won't even consider settling for less.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
$1.59 and I seem to have to fill up every 5 days or so
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I don't think I've ever paid this much!