Weapon mount light suggestions

buddah1337

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to mount a light to my home defense shotgun so it has to handle to recoil. I was looking to get a normal light with a 1" diameter body and use a separate mount that i have. I dont need a pressure switch just a tail cap button should work, I want it to be nice and bright possibly with strobe, sing 18650 battery, and looking to keep it somewhere under $75. I was leaning to the nitecore p20, but i'm looking for some other suggestions.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
For a weapon mounted light I would not want to use a multi mode light where I would have to cycle through different settings to get the one I need under stress.

I would suggest a single mode used Surefire or stream light.

vodanhkhach

Newly Enlightened
With klarus xt11s, you have strobe ready, turbo/momentary ready for tactical operation, and you can disable all other function (change brightness level, sos) to make sure you wont make mistake! But you can switch to outdoor mode to use the light for normal activities

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would up your budget personally(ask yourself how much is the life of you or your family worth?)and go with a single mode weapon light(there are differences between a regular flashlight and a WML)from Surefire, Elzetta, or Malkoff.

If you want a lower cost option that is still pretty durable try Pflexpro but, expect a considerably lower quality light(host especially).

I wouldn't mount a Nitecore on a cap gun personally.

Last edited:

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
No go on the disco modes. Keep that stuff for impressing your friends.

A single mode with a tape switch or clicky/twisty(press) tailcap is the option your looking for. I've got an M300 Scout with tape switch mounted in a Knights Armament M-Lok on my AR. I'm liking that a lot and will likely duplicate it on another rifle.

A floody beam to light up a large area is preferred in my opinion. I put some DC Fix (from Phaserburn) on my M300 and it smoothed out the hot spot. I'd still like more flood though.

I can add a picture if you'd care to see the setup.

Nephron44

Enlightened
I used to run a Surefire G2X on my Remington 870, and it worked just fine. I got sick of constantly tightening the mount, so instead of buying a better mount, I put the money towards a Streamlight TLR-1. I have many rounds through the TLR-1, and it hasn't skipped a beat yet!

Edit:
I have it mounted to the M-LOK adapters on my Magpul pump grip, or whatever you want to call it

Last edited:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire M660, or one of the military M951,952,961,962 series lights.

Designed from the start for abuse and uses CR123 batteries which can live in the light for years.

Fresh CR123 batteries have a 10 year shelf life, a rechargeable 16340 or 18650's are going to lose voltage every month of storage.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire G2X Tactical LED 600 Lumens, runs on 2 x CR123's, if not using in on the 870 you can also use it with a 16650 battery.

1" Body diameter so it'll fit your seperate mount.

B&H Photo currently have them listed at $59.99, so within your budget.

For $14.99 you can get an extra 6 Surefire CR123's, they have a 10 year shelf life so they should keep you going in your home defence role for some time.

bubbatime

Newly Enlightened
Check out CDM gear for the mount. Elzetta shotgun mount is also nice for the price.

Get a single output Malkoff and be done. What's your life worth? (Buy once, cry once)

No on 18650 batteries. You use rechargeables when you use the light a lot, to save money. A weapon light is going to be used for 3 minutes a year, and stuck in the corner forever. The long life 123 batteries are superior here...