Review: Acebeam X45: 4 x XHP70.2 P2, 18000 lumens, impressions, beamshots, comparison

kj75

Enlightened
Acebeam is a leading manufacturer in the "lumens-race" and launches always innovative products. So, I was happy when I had a mailcall (the light was sent out by Nitetorch.com) that the X45 arrived. I know that there are several brighter lights already, also made by Acebeam, but for me this is the brightest flashlight ever that I'm gonna try out. Different to most powerhouses is that the X45 not only puts out a lot of light; it has an impressive beam distance too. So, again a nice Acebeam-toy to play with. In this review I will share my opinions about this torch, show you the light and a lot of details by a couple of pictures, and describe the interface and the options. Also included: A comparison with some other big lights and indoor and outdoor beamshots. Enjoy reading my story and watching the photo's!

the most powerful flashlight I tried out ever
6KJVvh8QUBq8f4rLFJPp2ybjc36P3V88uQtvhgs0P2Sl8CLVLNMoA_9-ZWMFBrRXtaX65nAR1b9y9_ivFeq65uI7XMrm8SHzpRlEX7U51nYNCigXWuro37pP5BHaJRVzRaC8yUEf

the compact Acebeam X45
Z5Vdr7gJfELXRidTAO1neFYrVgMFl5yiNug4R8AdygWJ0TM6jCfAq8ppEFS8rl4IC0FP4rH1S6vWD6dok15qRpFpJ97S_jG3bCsnX34fsW3w-Rpmm0UYv_jfBrAEclWQz9Rt5xGf

this is the second version, powered by four XHP70.2 P2 leds
T3NTpAmDdZXBKOttnwiYD_1XbmEgCDKrXIfJFkAu2D1kjv3h23ZtNye_S7pBM2Q99SVvhFcfclrX7Ev9a5IfaIgOmpuuOxufsvJE75w6ZYPkYX-OFXePnBkmx0GlFhOwG9PnmtK3

blinding lumens and decent throw make this light very interesting
2yH4G5CV5hWjLHjxIA7dOdaMsihdJviWgsxAzHxAOavZjCK50r22ziMHmqY24QCb1eSNPMf53cgcBP6-jwqkrg4ZkUmyv-D8R4XCZzbd-MqZ4rZKlutw2AX5ZMY_JzgFbFRK0isA

As, I'm used of, I give you the specifications first (by manufacturer):

· 4 Cree XHP70.2 P2 LED with a lifespan of 50,000hours
· Max Output 18000 lumens
· Approximate runtimes in each mode:
Firefly : 10 lumens 310 hours;
Low : 800 lumens 10 hours;
Mid : 2000 lumens 3.5hours;
High: 5000 lumens 1.4hours;
Turbo:9000 lumens-5000 lumens, 10 minutes + 72 minutes
Turbo Max:18000 lumens-4000 lumens, 3 minutes + 66 minutes
Strobe 5000 lumens, 3 hours
· Working Voltage:12V-16.8V light on switch indicates low reserve
· Max Runtime 310 hours
· Max beam 622 meters:
· Peak beam intensity 96569 cd
· Impact resistant 1.2meters
· Waterproofing: IPX8 standard to 2m
· Size: 156.7mm length, 88mm head diameter, 50.5mm tube diameter
· Weight 535g (18.9oz)
· Smooth reflector for max light output
· Digitally regulated output- maintains constant brightness
· Side switch on the body
· Mode steps down from Turbo-Max to Turbo if internal temperature exceeds 65
· Made of durable aircraft grade aluminum
· Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
· ultra-clear tempered glass with AR coating, 98.3% transmittance, protected by a stainless steel crenelated bezel

And the output and runtimes specs in a graph:
Aw3nfekKQ0vlBmO9AO-M8bwyB_QUehwlEQ-y5tYbdn-D22cx8SRGCWhW58PtN-8CgAEMY2WP_YXAa6q6mfHPdlQShdSMNNUbkX5hz0UcLBX3HuiBXfqf7GJyRVgrD4mktriwgvl5

Unboxing:

The X45 is packed in a carton with plastic handle which makes it more easy to carry. Same package like the K65-brother that I tried out in the past year. On the box we see some "highlights" of the torch and the specifications and runtimes. No unexpected things here. On the left side of the box we can see that Acebeam brings the X45 in two versions: Cool white (6500K) and neutral white (5000K). I got the most powerful one, the 6500K-version. Remarkable is that both versions get the same package, although a 5000K-version will put out less lumens, estimated minus 1500 lumens on highest level. After removing the flap, we find back the X45 protected by the holster; this may be also the best way to restore the light. The lens of the X45 is protected by plastic film, that you need to remove before use. A big plus in my eyes is that Acebeam again delivers a complete set: Aside from the parts and manual the X45 comes with the most important, four pieces of quality high-drain cells. At this way, you don't need to worry about which batteries will fit; the only accessory you need is a dedicated charger.. I like the way that Acebeam pack their products! See some photos that show more!

same package that we saw earlier by the K65-brother
n4vr9YScWjLLOVBbPv7pDjOVmzW44xPCPrYRiagzqP3DZ65mTHuVe4N8iobqumuOGqr0Go3RbUyRuRG_0Jn5VBPEoCuMgy9P7eSWBl9K7RdhfKKBc9lmuJdhGdoBBqdg6ISdVJTz

specifications and runtimes on the back
v6BRitw1loNka_tRqbxixksn_KjjCIg03XAzyTZA0-8iK6ohfjzMJfEf6227h9nir6xvA-melXagtjH8Is8_CDfX4JhnyMgMQu7VYU1J6pCVvWmPYvmCuDsXXdiUgRDf_3O46No7

the X45 is protected by the holster
YD0p60GscY84hwyQ3mc1FzIDCWd0aKhMTaY03oIZIZKJ4iPdh2yoMymGglu6e2YIy0Uiy7FxEi5i2wpkkrGQyVnb2mKhwsqq1M-m1Tht-xNUE_Jp_OOwuusoz6mIGZoOBq_Q9tjF

dustproof film on the lens; the X45 comes in a 5000K or 6500K-version
EAnYOnPR4X2Tk8u8AKpQY1PZchGM7DnZnpPJzCCkwqUGVa5e9kIQHt3c3IzQeC0rkQlyErNQ1R_XGAx9SHFpIYObPQPqeXUHSLELSnTyesv7i7BWZyzTADsOA-5PHIclcESy9bnq

and the rest that is in, including a set of dedicated batteries
03Rwc-HiYDHvOvA2z9lxHIpbuA5wTGvlZvZ_g1-XLw4UYQHRgTgfRwfnJ5XDhls5QiDCfGTanAozXnMkyXWD6BeTDrj27rh-qg7zE_hWTInubCtSpGaZMtt8yQI7P4hUnBhkid7r

Impressions:

First impression: More compact than I expected! Most most big lights powered by four batteries are obviously larger than the X45. I'm still fan a big of "kings-torches" like this one is: Because of the powerful appearance, main to the impressive head with four big leds. What we see back again on this product is the excellent overall quality, like we saw at earlier tested Acebeam-lights. The X45 comes in matte black like almost all flashlights, so that may not be a big surprise. Anodizing job and finishing is well done, I couldn't detect any shortcoming on the light here. Same for the engraving. Striking details of the lights are the silver power button (made of metal, good point) with an indicator above it. Another eye-catching detail is the big head with deep cooling fins. This is absolutely needed, because the light will get hot in short time due to the four "quad-leds" that put of a lot of lumens. A solution that I didn't meet before is the ring for the carrying strap: If you push and turn it will "disappear" in the body. Nice find of Acebeam, I'll show you how it works by some pictures too. Of course the light stands very stable both on head and tail. The tail has got also a nice styling and has the looks of a star. The serial number and the URL of Acebeam is also engraved in the tail on a special way. The edge of the head is grey, nice accent, but very sensitive for scratches. The light has several notches in the head, which prevents the torch against accidental rolling away. Works well; I'm always happy with that; I don't like it if lights roll of the table and get damaged.. Looking into the massive head, we see four well-positioned XHP70.2 P2 bulbs in middle-deep reflectors. The reflector is different to the previous version, no orange-peel structure anymore, but a smooth one. Pay attention on this if you are intend to purchase an Acebeam! The manufacturer regularly comes with an update on a model. The restyled reflector results in more concentrated spot that throws further. When we open the light we can have a look at the well-lubed threads and the inside of the head with strong spring that will protect against shocks. In the tube we find back the battery carrier, with gold-plated contacts. In contrast to what I saw at other brands, this carrier stable and durable, and with this one I wasn't afraid that I would destroy it during inserting the batteries. It doesn't make sense how you put it in, because of the position of the batteries. All contacts are gold-plated in the carrier, there's a sticker fixed on the carrier that warns you to use the right batteries. A big plus is that the right cells are standard in the box, so this shouldn't go wrong. Also after opening the light, we see it's all ok here: Well-lubed and smooth running threads, well finished parts. All-in-all, I can say that Acebeam has launched again an excellent manufactured and finished product; the X45 is a high-quality flashlight. I'll show you more details by a couple of pictures, please scroll down to watch!

a big torch, but more compact than expected
AvMx5CVHsAEazKhMR9UeA2HEsW44jhsphGxfrRgcL-obU7pxeYBuCHRTKBH8rhkZ8Fl5UdbvLWAvWVHg-oMwY_cWkAC0e-29c70GFEMH86E8BeerpPvm2JKtICsAVW6JOUYzd2Es

main colors matte black and silver
JC7xLb_nzvZQHZ2QFB0JUkXZXHPtehLKuo5SwIjMSCw9i_ABn30F7KFqVWBVl57Iymk4K9kyeYHtZ89S0_cE60N4kFvDoRYfmAbC5EqGDUlYeeVA8p3a6HuOKmswiAARqBoigd2S

looking into the head we see four XHP70.2 P2 emitters
7DQpEjQvQXhC9LlX-nUMxhVELauXOdBqDsoTyWXAXi8kCMnQoZTwzqsP1CI_wOIfQVxEGZ07UY24KxaADsz9KGlv8y1Wc88YMjktKzuN6EqxcNxKqn4MohNL6xVvUPKnJAJrXu-9

big fins in the head to dissipate the heat
J2vWdHCkHGyPSDg6kx9UV2DGimBNA8egYBqKU4USho3Rn67i56rMPrqdh1Ryv9wV1X3AEQJ-2kTRde_Rh9_yc8c2jd8s-ipsFg20p3saOSyVqB0JBuPeHW_Qljm0CJSwJq2Kc_Qo

stable standing, no surprise
2Ewlwpz7dv58DMad_cLTRJItAoZGV0oE3G9K4X8dQBBFrFlSGJ80bAP-4k7l-Xj6EQ68NE2LRy1r8c9PApqhaa70SrSRY9wvG8qgFcRRmWtyHuVWohFEo7ge4-9Q-7XfvKMk7RE2

look at the special design of the tail
A81eOj8MCTEpkV0fXuTPbl3KZrQAxnp_goQthqYjoJVMbSEqSO5ZhYQ39ZYntC8bY9DpsXmpTyq94PqB5l6DTJhS44IB406hL_JJyl1KAzo7BA8aaC5FCHG1ZmRmFoxLqfYh46Ey

the X45 in a hands' palm

Le1f7O-w894QXTdBtMjtItpDaJctQCox6R4AKVrO4N0P4n_gQ0OCkvoGq1tOvaLWylAGHIMrd8FwpKmdn9UqRUALDD7eiFLEHnORJ13IGEdp17UboLxJTq2-oC6uXatlOrbI3M3h

anodizing is done well, no flaws anywhere
TMywsG7oH5DK5PW9hyG0CBHQjy0vu7Q878dlFExMThCFCsAW29ZHS6__Kuzhn6H1SFF42w383doObKSX3Dr-SuxWad0UF5cZ0Z6kAVEs7hMqHIh8BwGWoiKViKIWTeenKLLFUVHx

this latest version has smooth reflectors
NnKJUBBCbd4YapUJZQXvKHdIgZCMAjbralgpPZv4FtMiz4oPuQcEHhgNM1XoCyTDrobyhrOrgUEeZbOy6V1gov_i7bfSnln_asJc4A5lmzGDNxQk3qF9fYqWGfHnBFqK8modhgm3

a strong springs keeps the battery carrier in place
SbHL4czFno6s8NHoYmdlKYV7I_Q09pXUtyR4NYKI-xBaQxwt1iylqktBw55fOH3RsNgIBur18jn82zDR7mxeISf7KgEdZBxtzaMk0Y5ouM5ZG5Uy5TB6RCN-WWmAyMOoVYcWDAYV

gold plated contacts
CnWgz84Lu_yDzZcpcyzet85cZRDP082aBAWCB0X62Ia2eCwZQB9BvSK2wl9eN4k9yQK3gQRYneySigDDqmdEoZIO4dU0Zm_Gz1uR9eEfPP4OqKMcpUezhlnKxp1nzh0QXKnDftqA

a warning to use the right cells fixed on the carrier
P0YLZ88yDUpIzgKKlccjSMIuzYdw7jv0tCh5xBvUeV9My4ZO8MvA51niNdHTu4VlLdZIpp4AgFwBwugq2etqwhgGPMgcHYRLOQ-qNNE9vQvR-e8rt_g_GVUZL9iP8cy4YZVPmVLM

a stylish indicator above the switch
Yew3APZDDY4Sh9I-xEPxBYnTWCyxFeskgX4kP9_F8n_cDJ9csdRIHkOch__e9Iwe-GtSWNKnmAwnBcmq5-zyssmMkq_jfzdZAhbdq4SFVzDueNC3HUYq9wAQkPxaTxOpTTnAPiY9

the battery carrier is made of good quality

08cQ3dAeKqKr6zZ1w0Bl5HRx79dmsQZHptgf_JGTl2P6lUbFZ2FVDTP5T76aaGHwzXoWzV-MZQGX5Ce6jfuyzodhqpY2qKlsOxNqIfW62k2vWINgm9wknF_4bT_DvRCmAtsVS29C

the quad-leds are well-centered
5R-acRA-WzjGEeZjM1NT4q0c9jcXkapigiSh3rmzGnr7LqMeipSLYVTvv1oms8rUQ7FgXR-H7_clV5VDIdZR0HLhG5IVy9wijBBmqs3JBLVNNfhIERyIbf-g2-RiRu3mCo2LS3YN

a close-up to the threads
W96HW7q3OgwVEY5aOzfWtmcn1dgIeVEsDjybNqyTAQqP1Jwwi0C-j6uzsmbokRpC1cfK7Mau9sxObSuwLoyZY_p2km8hqpLrar70argVoHRNPGfm6Im-6z6eepc44Ac2PDqUpGEm

the lights is built and finished very well
XryBgZ0l0TCV9EVvQuAemDa7UHuaqhQ6qL0mKr_-UEQMAXR3TU8yqR65wHxLZhClf73A2KlEVu2UQxasvvU7AE8a2cdGahl-GEQkVGbQfSqt2p9vzLYgGAWWTC-2lvYUZwRgz57A

special detail: the ring for the lanyard
MZqdlNB3y1h_xCkjhtxlGj222M-KEJzbVcNzo2-_Ci6IQ4vwzROGNmc2E-qeLZraXdORN8VE5xsdkqyYi61DNt0u2JIoKzW7aeOyOEAPdkrqvNdAJhOZpVOtHSWiTY5x0zq17NO2

it "pops up" when you turn it
egLwvJ26yua-5x2zTdZuzb2vnTo4ilrI_4cbAOOpjJWw8kwuM7tB3jM9FxeiSQelZxyYWc_EDdNNeGyLmogzSzj288emGlWZSF5WIW6t6NGUil11J2anS9gpJFOivii4R2zFcf4M

good strap, not to big
OpFyoPVJkUeyarVQOLjWCKWHYqgydnhCcl8jzcUFPDMpdI3VxJ42cYk1z5uq_bkZVcmbTaNm5v6wMOc4VCd1ZfmwaTDFW-BEml1-Rz4tejzlVjJ3bqTELlBqmZNZoIc0fXk_gEs3

this is the tube from inside
_YeW3IbBCz9Bgnf7_tBbsBaRdgyMnKympvb-MnH-Hgrm1uq4E8TUifdFDupKcaeJA8N5RmOZWV85kIZu2U3kvOp9uRKUEawt1n1hOPOvPrUduSF5Sux5mmegxC4yKiHdzfAyturD

rather deep reflectors, so this light will have good throw
kt6eZX6b93d_b5cQ7_vKfqz2Aq5u02uyf_aw-eDtWpL72F_L0KSHfhVlXWslj_oi80ld_j0UMovWPquJpLEKXXS7-PjLYLv2p9Z5EzkpXRHv2UzsHRYLz8heIklhhsTFxNSUH-Gl

nice design, good anti-rolling prevention
FSAT2o-0ZresHTRWD_VSSaHfB9dFW8m1CEsYFEGwvKvG1XotSEvUKcANhB6e-ALdbzawUuq2bV_af28PyxUoVGQDKzRbtDRaVmdryE53zNH_H9j06OA2SiZldrCc2Be1wCojryM7

the grey ring on the head is sensitive for scratches
3V0TOcflU_5M0LP_jNr7l5yaQb-hqpcjbdatcwP-M8EnvBf2VyRfk8rvaoAS1uje9PFKqS_Qu-5QTCuqcDSlFNl7mHX0IusSQkyIfsLBttaxwfIiaTdHm-FLFgGnUtwD9xdzrmhR

this is a high-quality product
zZNzX-OhD1W2Z3HNIJQzY4B5bE8CaDx9NEKzV8Dq91fMrYnOBbB6fGY3zYXyJSCDDfITB_8lMmw9xSXX7h-QSx3MoPbUIv7Ch6Os_XjNwtn3B6gap3cpXFgkGcsTM-arlnlH7ZPf

the X45 has a good lowest level for a big light like this
_mzBnkN1W5p8R6FIx4npr_WzACxbFQSRph2SA4q_uwExo_IorwfTMNH6A5DjMfEr7p6UputBh1d_0Knl7OYgc35BBDFJ_MnxKaY8CqipxucYQOHQdI6RasufbNt00Ofe8LgkH_RD

User interface:

As I said you earlier, this light is more compact than most of its competitors, but still a big one. It feels heavy but well balanced. The grip is good, although the knurling isn't that aggressive on the body. But thanks to the big tube and the large head that has several cut-outs and deep fins this light won't slip out of your hand easily. The good adjustable strap is recommended during a longer trip.

The Acebeam X45 needs dedicated batteries; a big plus is that Acebeam delivers most of their products including cells. This helps to avoid problems with users. High-drain batteries are a must because the light can put out a crazy 18000 lumens for longer time. The only thing you have to mind is that you use a good charger to refill these special 18650's. I tried out the light with High-Drain-batteries from other brands; they all fit in the carrier and the light worked well. The carrier can be inserted at two ways because of the circuit. It's good to have an indicator that will informs you continuously about the voltage, it will not go off during use and lights up as long as you use the light. If the voltage drops below 13 volts, it will turn into red. The silver switch isn't that large, but is rather easy to locate in most circumstances. Just keep in mind that it is in the opposite of the ring that you can add the lanyard to, this will help you to find it back in the dark. I would like to see a larger switch on a big light like this is. The button has a clear pressure point and will not accidentally turn on in most ways, I never had it issue until now.

The X45 has the same interface like earlier lights of this brand that I tested before, and I would have to say: Don't change an interface like this, because it works well. It has three main modes and three "hidden" ones. Normally if you turn on the X45 by a single click, it will start in last memorized mode e.g. Low, Mid or High. In most cases, these modes will suffice. The firefly (that has 10 lumens so not a real firefly) can be reached by pressing and holding the button from off. The turbo modes (the X45 has two) can be turned on by a double click (works both from off or on). If you're in "normal" turbo next double click will bring you in turbo max. So you need some steps to go before you're in maximum output; but the maximum mode will be used in practice for short times and not as much as the other levels. You can switch between the turbo modes by double clicks as much as you want. If you press and hold the button the X45 goes back to the normal cycle of Low-Mid-High. These turbo-modes (and firefly) will not be memorized. My experience with the turbo max is that I missed it regularly because I "double-clicked" to fast, so I switched off the light after the first click. It needs some exercise but goes better now. By the way, the output that this light shows is really stunning! The light is temperature controlled, and in both turbo's levels it will step down when the temperature comes above 65 degrees Celsius. In practice. with full batteries, the X45 stays in turbo max for several minutes without problems; but I would recommend not to use this maximum levels too long (it's limited to about 3 minutes if the light doesn't reach 65 degrees) because the light will get very hot in short time, the heat is "starting" around the "neck" of the torch. The normal turbo is limited to about 10 minutes and this will make the X45 a very good searchlight, also because of the good throw. See my beamshots later in this review that will show the enormous wall of bright light. The blinding strobe-function must be activated by a triple click, this works both from off and on. This brightness of strobe is limited at 9000 lumens, but this may be more than enough to blind someone. To avoid accidentally turning on, the X45 has an electronic and physical lock-out. Hold the side-switch more than 2 seconds (the light will turn into firefly first) to (de)activate the prevention. The light will flash two times if you're in of out of lock-out mode. If the X45 is locked and you press the button for shorter than 3 seconds, the green indicator will light up to tell you that the light is locked. Second way to lock the light is by turning the battery tube about 45 degrees. Mostly I use the second option during transport to be safe that nothing can go wrong.

I don't have that many remarks or minors on the X45's interface. It works fine and doesn't need practice. Activating the Turbo Max takes some effort. I'd recommend one extra mode, which is a favorite of mine: I would like to see a momentary option on the lumens-monster.

Modes:

The X45 has in total six levels, which seems quite a lot. But I'm happy with this because this makes it easier to adjust the light to your needs. The levels are in order of: FIREFLY > LOW > MID > HIGH > TURBO > TURBO MAX. I really appreciate the FIREFLY, that give very good runtime, but the jump between FIREFLY and LOW is too big in my eyes. For the rest the spacing is good and better balanced. No direct modes here, although FIREFLY and TURBO / TURBO MAX are only available by a long or a double press. The special mode is STROBE. This option can be activated both from off and on. The X45 has LOW-VOLTAGE-warning: If the current voltage is below 13 volts, the indicator turns red. So, no accurate voltage (which I really would like to see), but the only thing you can check is if you are below 13V. Two ways to LOCK-OUT the light. Nothing to complain about here, the modes that are needed are on board.

Size comparison:

I have not that many options in this class, but for reference I'll show you another compact lumens-king, the Olight X7R Marauder and a big-lumens-light that should reach about the same distance, the Fenix RC40-2016. Later in this review, we'll meet this lights again: In the beamshots-chapter.

18650-battery, Olight X7R Marauder, Acebeam X45 and Fenix RC40-2016
ZcpxBzjiXsn_TA2RxorRGC635eBkrTaGHMSKPkgG2LgXy0xhmz0vOlK0_lxkIefRROJvVa9m0jA4QvvCKUCDXKe80w9G58k53dZBBErNvkymF48ow7tyzZJSkFz4z1WIN6Q4YBIk

Olight X7R Marauder, Acebeam X45 and Fenix RC40-2016
mY2lPwNI2SqEXRV1Zen46Jkpsng_ralvmpidz040LJgOj8AghHz3zaScgjRgXEuuhKUK2Pe0Tz8ae-blISJZnvKFfZ4fMFuTLW3-0SHjQvPWcZVflg3sB-J5055ksyTm2eRqtvmG

Olight X7R Marauder, Acebeam X45 and Fenix RC40-2016
hONT7-e5CQzDGJe6jefwLIOKm_VeOUTKQWtssQKN1G_b4ZtvgpfjVJg_qduFFy3ke5ifkxyRUjyHNmlxNYFkISym78eMenl7bqbvme7HZg4l08-IuEzy5B-aeVmhXngE36OdXWCP

the heads: 3 x XHP70, 4 x XHP70.2 P2 and 6 x XM-L2 (U2)
xLPje3qXgbDxAQ_iTgYezW3osYqDZIbU5M4vpn2Z8As_YK9CWC5yxIzUqpydewxUC4AKPa6PAxDzmkq7XTg5ZAcpwD5TejYyEtG-fKLJWPb6IvWgRCnseGGh09m_noLAwNN2Yn_Y

the backs: Olight X7R Marauder, Acebeam X45 and Fenix RC40-2016
Ki9lnCVE1KbIs69Ldx8oOjtcWJpOLSYYN5nmhUJPUa_sNKmEi3WqB6M1z9lwHrveEziQDRgo5RAGRsMfhkqok81UBMZn59o6K5lkUHLTP4p8rS-_WtRcg8NjK-s9WlVLJV9NfE_I

Tint:

Looking at the tints of the three lights, we see that no one has the perfect tint, but the X45 has a good tint to me, that I can live with. The spot is cool white to neutral white, but we see some yellow back at the edge. Same to the other lights: The Fenix has more blue, the Olight looks slightly greenish.

S_4RgL99dP28zU7Qq3tanVUTTV6YgAKdFPtSyYbSep8nTdJP8afb8hMj8hGm_BOOZB8Iv1Xj6T2OXeJ07WI_cnfDc8I0U9dP3q5AYx7l2Zl9KGMVsn0hQewPfuRXRuMOyDDitsv2

Beamshots:

Time to have a look at the beamshots. As usual, first job is indoors: The light projected on a white wall at about a meter away from the target. I'll show you the six levels and after that a GIF. Note: I had to adjust my settings (shutter time) to avoid that some pictures would be overexposed.

Camera settings: ISO100, WB daylight, F/2.7, 1/200 sec, 35mm
qK0O16lzMsyNbkv2IKoP5h5dsiOI_Er8rg5OGi6_Dpzhp_kgerEGSV9HtbjPmu6DkIOsUXviekuIqnlB148bqKioAjTeNFsRppRdpVz2WBn7ya4V_cujfQ0eZ6XlkkYDsZCEVlRK

VBEgwJoA4tRAiyz7tK4kAy6TJvrUw0l0BnSeba9mhfmKWKcfyq5TNFtF74KPkoKoHI6OJfumXzGyFsCikBQ8FeHecpp1duGIpnt502XrnZdn8QCxXJm6LscIbT4gqgbLkfgs12ul

EzMpIyu9EIrXZXKWalY7VyLkQRkC74R1XpP9PGT1Tdfj9yNiBK0moV_kyBfXChBLqJ9Bdq-n3ezc1_MLsaZAh0irh9H8mBpplP0qwX6RMEVL8TNj4NTrcL6ug01oTR6m6B6Ynd9g

jcsiA4QAeoDcnJLAQuBrBaki5SKUcLeiZ50x-8C_5w4P2rZv5I0q1VHi6WKqFkSVSra5JMqtLwFopgfjz8HoG-S5XAAVs93mEPz-1sPTckMDboIzLyfYAjMPYBrN2y390elgM8lQ

eMOFUx3QFx0P1z3Ltgd6x7s4mcsgWX-be5c8msv0Pu0ic65ohMOLZckEbjiEfXj7yvnaKt-PcpNDgp3R1Hxu1ODjLXJ4G04XIbRZJWjYufFOIHXK8JcfuBz1BC_agT_23SQDF7oi

o1yV9r39S48AxM1gElHviBtuwANgLx44cPJCpj3knl1zYRaMIWGAuSul9Zd6_o0qPRHWGFZDH8YsGFFGBqJifhp4_M-IIc24mY13Iq5C27XG1KWy5i0nX2NLb7pMH_p56QF83S72

GIF:

Going outdoors now! First location is a lawn near to a river with some big trees at about 75 meters away. The X45 mounted on a tripod; I'll show you the six levels and after that a GIF. Sorry for the overexposure at the Turbo-levels, but I want to use always the same settings in my reviews.

Camera settings: ISO100, WB daylight, F/2.7, 4 sec, 35mm
JzqzVnMwOUCABtjW9oLBCwcTzyWCpAItlTBBPL3s5uTwpryczdqSlCGPsmFgPe8j735W1wcmnjyc3mwG-KpHK35Pjd23GXTuHs-iFnO-gWLyfBKIVt4aOzli40EU7bXosU6i66Xc

BOjGaxOVPFMRjyz7pbnd90EZart8S9s2osKDIl8-JUjzJs4yLMRDaC9pi4yCC1cOeBy9tamMswkxDwGzdp7YPhZFjNff27IWNwAv2ucUFyCiQmROCMm880DrBNI0qDyPKYsI95Z6

mMK3meY_Ce7uaRB7HHKRpkvAekvTTC7tBpt8pvLWh_nhpdCZk7qNWQPbHzKB86GfaeHpQ60Nb9sclofIBQrUJnSrZzyUdu9ZcePrZmAYXZDl5WcW3xHgFkXbUfp10jzC85Xx5wGm

2o_FgnbZf1C8ztXsE26CEp9ppETrNj3aGh4OMUujjEsfFNXt8pvQTTk6_bw5nF0q0G9fxJC2x9dF-dtgHOnamA2N93pGzZhmYfxN4a96WPWyQ8TlXmrVQBfWH4iJeGdDuHM8zKJW

dEfed1MV_xTtC1q2XX3w-hC90GN3pV1aCwH4B0NV135g_73WloJ6CQfO1Rgxc13I4nU45m5hqH041OuNu8aWdN_ByM2rGReiTuiMKc7wQOEE4TjBV1YIp7lsvCLxIaUdNkmbCCKj

nSxqniN12kANC0B-h6Swws1rVHnE3gD_mBw2ye5tNesgObG2fVgPcD7C5BRH9q9RNjPs9yJhA-W7LzFisMwDiABc2xFuHpEUWs-VOYKq-AZSaO0Yw_MbmQ4AANrXpyfy0D93hLaD

GIF:

Let's compare the X45 now with the other big lights! Starting with the Fenix RC40-2016. This light has clearly less lumens, but has better throw, also thanks to the narrow beam.

the Acebeam X45 against the Fenix RC40-2016, both on highest level

And now the lumens-king made by Olight, the X7R Marauder in a shoot-out against the X45. The X7R has a larger hotspot, but less intense than the X45. Also nearby the X45 puts out much more.

the Acebeam X45 against the Olight X7R Marauder, both on highest level

Next location: The top of a windmill; distance to the top about 200 meters. This shows again that the RC40-2016 has a very narrow beam in contracts to the X45 that lights up a big area at shorter distance too.

the Acebeam X45 against the Fenix RC40-2016, both on highest level

The Olight X7R can light up the mill, but the X45 has clearly more throw and overall output.

the Acebeam X45 against the Olight X7R Marauder, both on highest levelafbeelding uploaden

After these comparison, I'll show you some pictures with the X45 in the hand on different locations. This shows again the crazy throw and output that this light has!

the Acebeam X45 at Turbo Max
0SR2PSmKf4NHGAASZ05Bdp49k46VWSSaYJfx9ug0iyGVM6ouVPMEtB5ac1_B1tCsY7o2VD5cGZvvtSSF6cb_adtJ40P1WrHHeVPwKNsswtxW-daLZpq3GlPFW0TCitz-V2_wi579

FQzUvRAwKnFqr6sbvDs4RSjAnU_-itDYag_XHIeoKP4klM6o_243YTA__LEHlq0iCHSPBuufjD6mYexh269NTrszHPFB6K6fUh-XGh_orffo3Au1CS4oFFEciqlZeWlamHGPSVU9

yf0vLNiMTuBXrcGcBtI12tTK_6uwE9Ut3ELGxBzGREis47Yv4rOlsp4pV4W9_gydOSLcguNUp-np0vZuAejxDvWqIdg242K-aE5AaJ7fxZM7TIxto2nhc75NjAJzPPSWkC1wQaM5

Conclusion:

With the X45 Acebeam has proved again that this manufacturer can make high-quality products in combination with some interesting features. If I put it to turbo max, this light still gives a wow-effect on me: The combination of a broad and far reaching beam is so nice! Like I said, the overall quality is very good, you don't have to worry about the cells because they are inclusive. The interface works well but choosing turbo max needs some exercise. The 18000-lumens turbo max is a nice level to impress or for short sessions; the high and turbo level will fit better in most cases, because they will last much longer. I would like to see a level between 10 and 800 lumens on this light and the option for instant (momentary) turbo max.

In short: A good product, easy to handle with, that has amazing brightness and impressive throw.

Special thanks to Nitetorch.com for the opportunity to test this flashlight!

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review! This is exactly what I was looking for before I purchased my neutral tint version. I'm late to the game on this one, but am glad I made the purchase. I have a Vinh Olight X7 light rated at 16500 lumens I believe, but the X45 definitely has more flood and throw. I love the size of the Ace as well. Others have complained about the tint shift, yellow tint of the neutral, and yes, I'd likely choose the 6500k if doing it again. Overall I love the X45 though and it'll definitely be using it for the nightly glow in the dark frisbee sessions. 😁

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for a valuable review!
While I am not a fan of super high modes with stepdown I find this light interesting. Good that the two turbomodes are not included in the memory. If X45 can sustain 5000lm (or close to) continiously for 1+ hour I will consider to get one!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fantastic beam shot comparison! Thanks for doing such a great review.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit late to comment, but thanks for the review and beamshots!
While I am usually critical to the "lumen monsters" who are over powered, I actually find this light interesting and consider to get it. My arguments for my own justification to get it are:

*The head is much more massive than of soda can monsters, which makes a better heat dissipation.

*Only turbomax has a very short time to stepdown. Turbo has 10min and according to a review it held 30min! with cooling. Really impressive.

*The excellent UI: 3 regular modes who are memorised and firefly and turbo with direct access INSTEAD of being memorised(some brands and models have direct access to firefly and turbo and these ARE STILL memorised. :sick2: ).

But the true advantage with such a light is the impressive and very useful runtimes at the regular modes. And you cannot accidently put on turbo mode, which I find important.
Finally I want to say that X45 is a very good looking light!

By the way: earlier this year I got an Acebeam K30 at a sale shortly before it was replaced with the GT version.
And this has a slight deviation in the UI which is otherwise the very same as X45. Turbo is included in the regular cycle and is memorised and turbomax is achieved with one double-click, not two. I then got information that Acebeam changed the UI with the later batches of K30.
Anyone that knows if this is the only case when Acebeam did so? This is maybe not a dealbeaker but I prefer the UI with turbo achieved with a double click and not included in the memory.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope that you buy and love the classic X45.
I waited a while, and then I finally got my Acebeam X45vn XHP70.2 on June 19, 2017, boosted to 25,000 lumens, with the Vn UI that I love. I purchased it slight used from my favorite modder; the light was returned to him by someone who did not like the tint. It replaced the Fenix TK75vnQ70 as my main outdoor area work light on the meeting hall property. Three years later, no other light has replaced it in its size/power classification in my collection. I have lights that are smaller, and lights that are bigger, but this item is still king of the 4 x 18650 flooders, in my opinion. Before I purchased the X45, I purchased five other classic pop can flooders. (MM15, MM15MB, M43, TN36UT, TK75). When I got the X45, my continuing active search for newer pop can flooders abruptly ended. I have thought about buying a second X45, to have a spare, in case there is an issue with the one that I have heavily daily used for three years. There has been no need to, but I should, while this classic item is still available.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Richbuff,

I ordered a X45 in neutral white(together with an E10 white) and they received yesterday. Wow, this lights rocks! Very good finish and machining really gives the feeling of quality. The UI is like the stated and not as my K30.:thumbsup:
Turbo and turbomax are just insanely bright. When shining the light to the ceiling it feels like I am in a light therapy room. But I did not buy it for the turbo max mode. It fast drains the batteries and the light becomes burning hot after a very short while. The real advantage and use with this light is the runtime at mid and high mode. Around 1,5 hours constant output at high mode and ~ 3,5 hours at mid mode is very respectable. And if you intend to avoid the turbos and use it at high mode you don't need the high drain batteries of 3100mAh but can use ordinary 3500mAh batteries for longer runtime.

I did a lux meter ceiling bounce test and it confirmed what I soon thought about low mode: it's far less than stated of 800lm(or ~730 of what could be expected for neutral version). It shows somewhere slightly above 400lm. It's just a bit more than 1/4 of mid mode. And I like it, because I find 800lm too much for low mode(just think about that 800lm was TURBO mode for a light of this size ~10 years ago!..).

I placed the light tailstanding on the table at high mode(~4200lm) and it's obvious that the massive head and the cooling fins makes this light possible to run continiously at high mode without cooling(yes, the power distributed on 4 emitters helps even more). It became pretty warm after a while but not really burning hot. And the batteries were only comfortably warm.
Here I see the real value of this light: because it's made for withstand extreme output(even for a very short while) it performs very well continiously at a still very respectable output of more than 4000lm.
And: did I say it's a very good looking light?

Last edited: