I want a Headlamp like the Rofis R1 - but cheaper and available easily in the UK

wosser

Newly Enlightened
I have tried a Rofis R1 (borrowed one from a friend) and instantly loved it.

The form factor (head mounted swivel lens) and the beam pattern is ideal for my needs: close-up, intricate work with small tools in places with poor ambient lighting.

I like the fact that the light itself can be detached from the headband and used like a normal light and can magnetically stick to things (again the swivel head is super useful).

But the Rofis is a bit too expensive for me right now. Amazon does have them in the UK warehouses but it's £55, overseas sellers (Shenzhen mainly) are £34 but the delivery date is waaaay off.

I'd like to get a somewhat comparable light from a UK seller for less than about £35 inc shipping.

Don't care about tint (blasphemy :faint: I know!) because this is mainly for my day job.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you find what you were looking for?

I just received an R1 that I bought discounted for $34.

I like it, so far. I really like the UI.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Not sure if you can get a Wowtac A2S there and it takes a single 18650 battery they include a micro USB rechargeable 3400 with it.
It also doesn't have a magnet either.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know that there is another higher quality swivel head small light like the Rofis?
I have Streamlights that will swivel but these are not pocketable by any means at all.

I have the R2 and really like it and am surprised that no copies or alternatives to them exist anywhere?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I also have an HL50 and do love it but it is not like the Rofis at all really.

I was looking at the HL50 but opted for the Wowtac as I needed the power of 18650s for output/runtime. I needed a mid level output for 8+ hours and a single 123 or AA just doesn't have enough power to it plus the HL50 cost $50. I did pick up a Fenix HL60R for half price ($37+Tax) awhile back and like it also but not a right angle headlamp at all.