NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: I want a Headlamp like the Rofis R1 - but cheaper and available easily in the UK

Broke I want a Headlamp like the Rofis R1 - but cheaper and available easily in the UK

I have tried a Rofis R1 (borrowed one from a friend) and instantly loved it.

The form factor (head mounted swivel lens) and the beam pattern is ideal for my needs: close-up, intricate work with small tools in places with poor ambient lighting.

I like the fact that the light itself can be detached from the headband and used like a normal light and can magnetically stick to things (again the swivel head is super useful).

But the Rofis is a bit too expensive for me right now. Amazon does have them in the UK warehouses but it's £55, overseas sellers (Shenzhen mainly) are £34 but the delivery date is waaaay off.

I'd like to get a somewhat comparable light from a UK seller for less than about £35 inc shipping.

Don't care about tint (blasphemy I know!) because this is mainly for my day job.
    17 is 11, 11 is 6, 6 is 3 and 3 is none. Also it's good to have some backups.

Default Re: I want a Headlamp like the Rofis R1 - but cheaper and available easily in the UK

Did you find what you were looking for?

I just received an R1 that I bought discounted for $34.

I like it, so far. I really like the UI.

Default Re: I want a Headlamp like the Rofis R1 - but cheaper and available easily in the UK

Not sure if you can get a Wowtac A2S there and it takes a single 18650 battery they include a micro USB rechargeable 3400 with it.
    It also doesn't have a magnet either.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

I don't know that there is another higher quality swivel head small light like the Rofis?
    I have Streamlights that will swivel but these are not pocketable by any means at all.

I have the R2 and really like it and am surprised that no copies or alternatives to them exist anywhere?

There is also the Fenix HL50 that can use AA or 123s
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    There is also the Fenix HL50 that can use AA or 123s
    I also have an HL50 and do love it but it is not like the Rofis at all really.

Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    I also have an HL50 and do love it but it is not like the Rofis at all really.
    I was looking at the HL50 but opted for the Wowtac as I needed the power of 18650s for output/runtime. I needed a mid level output for 8+ hours and a single 123 or AA just doesn't have enough power to it plus the HL50 cost $50. I did pick up a Fenix HL60R for half price ($37+Tax) awhile back and like it also but not a right angle headlamp at all.