A flashlight review saved a life literary yesterday.

ZEUSFL

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday i did a video testing my X80-GT. I test the distance of the throw and also the initial output vs the output after a minute.

After the video something happened that changed my life. Thanks to the amount of light this X80-GT has, i spotted on the trail a car key-chain and i called the cops to return the keys. That phone call ended saving a life. I am still shocking. I called today the detective and the person is still alive thanks God!!

Here is the link of a news website with the story.
https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Person-in-critical-condition-after-being-pulled-from-Lake-Lafayette-506206301.html

http://www.wtxl.com/news/person-fou...cle_3f7cf78a-3650-11e9-8903-93cd6b7d0d04.html

Last edited:

sygyzy

Enlightened
Great job on saving a life but I am really confused what happened here. You said you found a keychain for a car so went to return the keys. The articles say the police found an abandoned car and found a body in the lake. What? Did you not see the abandoned car near the keys, but the cops did? And what made the cops go investigate the lake just because someone turned in some lost and found keys?

ZEUSFL

Newly Enlightened
Great job on saving a life but I am really confused what happened here. You said you found a keychain for a car so went to return the keys. The articles say the police found an abandoned car and found a body in the lake. What? Did you not see the abandoned car near the keys, but the cops did? And what made the cops go investigate the lake just because someone turned in some lost and found keys?

I found the keychain and walk to my car and i notice the keychain belong to a vehicle close to my car. Nobody was around. I call the cops to return the keychain. The cops start investigating and they told me go home. After 20 min they call me back to talk to me and i went to the lake again. They found the body on the water apparently and revive the person. In the beginning they says was death but when they took the person out of the water and give her CPR she revive. That was a miracle. What i am not sure is where the person was because i walked the area and i wont see anything. Again my light is not a thrower so i have limitation in distance view. I really can not give more details until next week. this is still under investigation.

fyrstormer

Banned
The person must've still been awake and alert when you found the car keys, because 20 minutes with no air would cause catastrophic brain damage. I wonder if they will ever be able to fully recover.

ZEUSFL

Newly Enlightened
The person must've still been awake and alert when you found the car keys, because 20 minutes with no air would cause catastrophic brain damage. I wonder if they will ever be able to fully recover.

I have so many questions... i was unable to sleep last night. The investigators do not say anything. Not 20. Probably 40 or 50 minutes because i had to wait about 25 minutes for the police to arrive + 5 or 7 minutes on the phone + walking distance from the keys to my car may be another 5 minutes walking, may be more.

The news say many things but, personally i do not think the person was close to the keys and not under the water. May be injured for something else. I do not know. Is no way a person is going to be alive that long under the water. with 8-9 minutes you have brain damage. 15-20 min is the maximum to be revived by CPR. I am very convinced something else happened.

Last edited:

kalel332

Newly Enlightened
The article says half submerge, does not say what part of the body was inside of the water. Maybe the person was unconscious with the bottom half in the water.

Berneck1

Enlightened
Story doesn't quite line up with what you're saying. Although, a lot of "facts" are initially wrong in the news these days. If there is a later update to it, would love to see more links.

ZEUSFL

Newly Enlightened
Story doesn't quite line up with what you're saying. Although, a lot of "facts" are initially wrong in the news these days. If there is a later update to it, would love to see more links.

The news are wrong in many facts. The detective told me the same. The make stories more dramatic or laying just to sell the story. Initially they says the person was found inside a submerged car, then when you read the story they change that. I never call for an abandoned car, was for return the keys i found. The car was alone obviously since the owner lost the keys or something else happened. I will know more in few days.

fyrstormer

Banned
The news are wrong in many facts. The detective told me the same. The make stories more dramatic or laying just to sell the story. Initially they says the person was found inside a submerged car, then when you read the story they change that. I never call for an abandoned car, was for return the keys i found. The car was alone obviously since the owner lost the keys or something else happened. I will know more in few days.
This is why I don't watch TV news anymore. Newspapers aren't perfect, but they only have to sensationalize the front page -- once you see the amazing headline and buy the paper, the newspaper company has your money, so they can fill the rest of the newspaper with boring accurate facts. TV news has to keep your attention constantly, so you don't change the channel, and that means they have to sensationalize everything they report.

Web news has the same problem as TV news -- unless you pay for a subscription.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Looking forward to hearing
the REST of this story !

Good Work ! ! !

:popcorn:
_

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
If he found the keys in a parking lot nearby how did they get the car into the water? I'm missing something somewhere. Which I haven't read the news story since it seems it's a bunch of hogwash as well