Fenix LD01 thru LD02 evolution review

jack0458

Newly Enlightened
I had a Fenix LD01. Perfect EDC for me. Simple: only 3 brightness levels. Twisty head. I could turn it on and change setting without shifting the light in my hand (to use a tail button for example). Very small for a pocket. One AAA battery of which I have rechargables. Perfect light.

Then I lost it.

The LD01 has now been discontinued. So I got an LD02 knowing it had the tail button instead of the twisty head. But I can live with the tail button.

Then I lost the LD02. :( I bought another one knowing by the picture the LD02 has gone through a change or two. I didn't notice however there is no longer a lanyard ring on the LD02. This seems odd since it is a perfect keyring size. I also like to attach a small pocket knife to a small EDC light which I can't do now.

If I ever loose or need to replace the LD02 again I'll be doing a bit more shopping before buying. The next model may not have a bulb. :) :)

Jack

jack0458

Newly Enlightened
Guess what??? I did the shopping just now I should have done earlier. :) I found the Fenix E05 has all the features I loved in the LD01. Not only that it is less expensive than the Fenix LD02. So I ordered one. Given my tendency to loose lights this size maybe I should have ordered two. :)

Jack

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the E05 os more the replacement for the LD01 than the LD02 but I will never really understand the Fenix labeling scheme either?
Anyway I have all three of these and the E05 is a great little light and better than the LD01 was to me but very much like it too.

I had a Fenix LD01. Perfect EDC for me. Simple: only 3 brightness levels. Twisty head. I could turn it on and change setting without shifting the light in my hand (to use a tail button for example). Very small for a pocket. One AAA battery of which I have rechargables. Perfect light.

Then I lost it.

The LD01 has now been discontinued. So I got an LD02 knowing it had the tail button instead of the twisty head. But I can live with the tail button.

Then I lost the LD02. :( I bought another one knowing by the picture the LD02 has gone through a change or two. I didn't notice however there is no longer a lanyard ring on the LD02. This seems odd since it is a perfect keyring size. I also like to attach a small pocket knife to a small EDC light which I can't do now.

If I ever loose or need to replace the LD02 again I'll be doing a bit more shopping before buying. The next model may not have a bulb. :) :)

Jack

fenix1

Newly Enlightened
Guess what??? I did the shopping just now I should have done earlier. :) I found the Fenix E05 has all the features I loved in the LD01. Not only that it is less expensive than the Fenix LD02. So I ordered one. Given my tendency to loose lights this size maybe I should have ordered two. :)

Jack

Great you like it! Keep it well from being lost, lol.