2008 Chrysler Town & Country Halogen Headlight Bulbs?

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
My wife recently drove home in her mother's 2008 Chrysler Town and Country minivan, at night, in bad weather. She is accustomed to new factory headlights in a 9th gen Corolla, fitted with 9012 and 9011 bulbs, properly aimed. She said "this thing has TERRIBLE headlights!

I just took a look at the van. Quad halogens, at first glance similar to the Corolla. The high beams are easy to reach, so I popped them out. Bulb is similar to 9005 but has a black end cap, can't read the labels. Both bulbs are in poor condition. My online searching is frustrated by endless advertising for LED crap and aftermarket junk. I did gather that one of the bulbs should be H11.

What is the correct high and low beam bulb for this vehicle? What are my best options? Thanks.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Low and high beam both take H11. High beam upgrade is easy, replace the H11 with an H9. Use an appropriate pair of cutting pliers to snip the plastic ridge in the H9 bulb that will block the H11 socket from plugging in.

Low beam, use the good H11.

Check the headlamp lenses for degradation (if they're not clear like a brand-new window, they're due for replacement -- genuine Chrysler lamps are far better than any of the aftermarket ones) and find a shop that aims headlamps properly, as described and shown here (rather than a shine-it-at-the-wall type of procedure).

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
Thanks, Virgil. I appreciate it. That last is a challenge. Not long ago, I walked into a Toyota dealership and asked about having my lights aimed with an optical aimer. I went through three people with "deer caught in headlights" look, before finding someone who knew what I was talking about. Back around 1979-80 I patronized a lighting and rally specialty shop in Seattle that had a Beamsetter. Too bad they are so hard to find now.