Streamlight TL-2 Xenon

NH Lumens

Enlightened
I have a couple of these lights in un-carried, fully operational like-new condition. Not sure what to do with them but it seems a shame to just let them remain unused, bubble-wrapped in a drawer.

Suggestions on what to do with them?

NH Lumens

Enlightened
I'd like to get my first streamlight but if you're price phishing then modders will erase this post brother[emoji41]

I thought I remember reading about a bulb upgrade, using different cells, etc. and knowing there are those who mod incandescents they might have some experience with these lights. That said I'll probably end up listing them in the market forum.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The TL2 was a goody. One of my favorite classic lights. Sometimes the big river site has them nip for less than $50.

Had an adjustable beam that made the Maglite beam look like a winner in comparison. If you are into wall art via flashlight artifacts the TL2 has you covered nicely.

That one was a competitor to the SureFire E Series. There was one called "shock proof" that had an extra spring to absorb impact. It was stated to be able to with stand being clamped to a 12 guage shotgun. Nite Fiters shared parts with the TL2. One of the few cross match parts Streamlight made back then. There was a standard (ie not shock proof) version too. There were no distinguishing markings to tell. Packaging had a notation though.

And yes Lumens Factory makes nice upgrades to them.

Oh and unlike the E Series there was a 9 volt TL3 too.

Last edited:

rrego

Enlightened
TL-2 and NF-2 are very nice. Scored one of each NOS on the bay over a year ago, now the same seller has more than doubled the price on the one remaining TL-2.

I looked up info on running Li-ion for them, and went the Strion bulb route on KP 16650 guilt free incan goodness too.

Also scored a TL-3 mint condition for a good price.

There is a TL-2 that I've been outbid on, on the bay - was it someone from here...? :laughing: :nana:

rrego

Enlightened
hey knucklegary - no, it wasn't. The one I bid on was was just the light, no other accessories, I didn't win the auction, I only put two bids in. I already have a NOS that I use around the house, but I wouldn't mind a beater too. I have it's brother, the Scorpion (3 of them), one NOS, one mint and one user. The user has a Tad Customs 3718 bulb in it on 16650 and I really like that set up :thumbsup:. The TL-2 runs a Strion bulb on 16650, as does my NOS NF-2.

swtws6

Newly Enlightened
Id be interested in buying one. I think most of these have dried up online.....but not willing to spend a whole heck of a lot.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
A long time ago I had the OD green version of the TL-3. I really liked the looks of it, really cool looking light with a mini-turbo head. The problem I had with it was the bi-pin bulb would always pull out of the socket everytime I adjust the beam. I couldn't keep it around for that very reason.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I had the same issue with a TL2 ampdude. It was a gasket around the bulb that was so snug it grabbed the bulb.

I shaved it a bit and that solved that issue...now I suppose that didn't help the water tight aspect but at least the bulb stopped popping out.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a gasket around the bulb that was so snug it grabbed the bulb.

I shaved it a bit and that solved that issue...now I suppose that didn't help the water tight aspect but at least the bulb stopped popping out.
That red/orange oring will center the bulb for better beam shape and focus correctly. However, when using fatter bulb such as FM1794 you need to remove that oring.
To stop the bulb from popping out, slightly bending bulb pins will help.
Remember, picture shows bulb pins are severely bent for easy to understand and slight bent will do the job.

bentpinbulb.jpg