FourSevens        
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hurry up new Quarks!

Default Re: Hurry up new Quarks!

BackerKit surveys just went out!

Posted by Foursevens
    Sep 7, 2019
    View on Kickstarter

Hey folks. Hope everyone is well! Let's get down to business.

BackerKit Invites

Many of you have already received the email and verified your pledge. Thanks! If you haven't already, please do that as soon as you can. This helps with a few things.

1) This is how I collect your shipping address so I can ship your reward!
    2) Filling out your Backerkit survey is the only way I can get an accurate count on how many items we need to ship, and we need an accurate count to make sure we have enough stock to avoid delays. I will literally be pulling my hair out until everyone gets their information updated, and I can't afford to lose much more hair.
    3) Completing your survey ASAP also means you and your fellow backers will receive your rewards in the most timely manner. Please don't wait
    4) If you didn't get the survey, please check your spam filter and also note that the email will go to whatever address you have on file with Kickstarter. If you changed your registered email address *after* you backed this campaign, the email will go to the original address, not the new address.
    5) If you have any questions or concerns about anything on the BackerKit platform, please email them directly via support@backerkit.com

Thanks, you folks rock!
    Jason & the Prometheus team

So what 16650 battery are you getting for your Quark QK16L?

Shipping notice received! I'm really looking forward to Jason's new & improved Quarks.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Shipping Received
    Got them today, very nice. More soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 5S8Zh5 View Post
    So what 16650 battery are you getting for your Quark QK16L?
    The light comes with one Foursevens 16650 cell.
    Last edited by Got Lumens?; 09-30-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Got mine two days ago...QK16L and a QK2A...This is my first experience with any 4 7 so I canít really comment on how itís improved over previous versions but Iíll give my humble impressions. The 5k 319A is beautiful...with a nice large hot spot and generous spill. Iím kind of obsessed when in comes to tint and CRI and this one is a definite standout for me.
    I had a bit of a struggle with the 10-half-presses (not clicks) to enter programming mode until I realized I needed to hold the 10th half press for it to enter programming mode.
    The mode spacing (1-100-400 w/burst 700 for the 16 and 1.5-80-300 w/500 burst for the 2A) is a bit odd but after more use this might make more sense.

The clip is very strong and holds very well...(being new to 47, I didnít realized it was removable until I fiddled around...) Personally I would prefer more of a deep carry.

The fit and finish is on these two samples is flawless, with grippy knurling and anodizing is perfect as far as I can see.

Very nice lights and Iím duly impressed with the 319A, it will be interesting to hear from others whoíve experienced previous versions!
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    Shipping Received
    Got them today, very nice. More soon.

The 16650 comes with a little piece of plastic between it and the switch. It needs to be removed.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

I received my QK16L yesterday & it was great at first, but it has stopped working already Now it only very briefly switches on in low mode before switching off (I've posted more details on the kickstarter comments). It's a big shame because the build quality feels at least as good as my original Quarks and while it worked it was very impressive... hopefully this is just an isolated case & can be quickly resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ad_ View Post
    I received my QK16L yesterday & it was great at first, but it has stopped working already Now it only very briefly switches on in low mode before switching off (I've posted more details on the kickstarter comments). It's a big shame because the build quality feels at least as good as my original Quarks and while it worked it was very impressive... hopefully this is just an isolated case & can be quickly resolved.
    Did you try recharging the battery?

As I posted over on kickstarter, I checked the battery with my multimeter and tested with the AW 17670 I use in my original Quark 123≤ - it's not a battery issue unfortunately

I've been investigating it a bit more since my original post and was briefly able to get it operating normally after I tried to unscrew the head to clean the threads & contacts (in case there was any debris/grime left over from manufacturing causing issues) and the two parts of the head started to unscrew - it started working normally when I re-tightened them so I suspect there's a loose connection inside the head somewhere. It didn't last though, and now it's stuck on medium output with no way to change the setting or access burst mode or the configuration menu, and subsequent attempts to repeat it have failed to make any difference.

Did you contact us at support@darksucks.com? It's certainly possible there is an issue, but we haven't had any other reports yet.

As I posted over on kickstarter, I checked the battery with my multimeter and tested with the AW 17670 I use in my original Quark 123≤ - it's not a battery issue unfortunately

I've been investigating it a bit more since my original post and was briefly able to get it operating normally after I tried to unscrew the head to clean the threads & contacts (in case there was any debris/grime left over from manufacturing causing issues) and the two parts of the head started to unscrew - it started working normally when I re-tightened them so I suspect there's a loose connection inside the head somewhere. It didn't last though, and now it's stuck on medium output with no way to change the setting or access burst mode or the configuration menu, and subsequent attempts to repeat it have failed to make any difference.
    Make sure the twist ring that holds the clip is tight. If it loosen's it can prevent a positive connection with the tailcap.

I have contacted support about it, but haven't been able to resolve these issues (I've checked that everything is tightened, the threads & contacts are clean, battery is fine, I know I'm not doing anything incorrectly because it did initially work as it should and I didn't have any trouble changing modes/configuration/accessing burst mode then). So it looks like it will have to be returned

Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA

My package arrived today (two days prior to the initial estimate from the USPS), and I have the batteries in the charger (QK2A and Preon P2). Later tonight, I will get the MKIII experience. I'm looking forward to it.
    Owner of the first full-on beamshot of The Beast II! (See avatar)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops942 View Post
    My package arrived today (two days prior to the initial estimate from the USPS), and I have the batteries in the charger (QK2A and Preon P2). Later tonight, I will get the MKIII experience. I'm looking forward to it.
    Cyclops942 ,

Congrats! How do you like it..., and what Config did it arrive in?

• Config. 1: High - (Burst 100%)
    • Config. 2: Max (100%) - Strobe
    • Config. 3: Medium - High - (Burst)
    • Config. 4: Low - Medium - High - (Burst)
    • Config. 5: High - Medium - Low - (Burst)
    • Config. 6: Low - Med - High - Strobe - SOS - Beacon - (Burst)

Both of my Quark pre-orders (QK2A, QK16L) shipped!

You might already have found out, but it arrives in Config 3. I'm surprised how warm High will get.

Based on the fact that mode memory is widely used, I assume it's liked by most people, right, and that I'm the odd-ball who isn't a fan?
    Last edited by Archangel; 10-14-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    The shadows are darkest during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    You might already have found out, but it arrives in Config 3. I'm surprised how warm High will get.
    Thanks!

New EDC: 47 Quark QK16L MKIII (top in pic), takes a 16650 battery. Bottom 47 QTA (with QT2L-X burst mode lego head & 14500) has a 1 minute 780 lumen burst mode, then 390, and is the bedstand light. Eneloop AA on bottom is for scale.

Quark QK2A MKIII arrives Tuesday after the holiday.

Last edited by 5S8Zh5; 10-13-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Is there any chance for a new Mini AA batch?
    This baby nickel plated would be just awesome...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345