Prometheus        
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Hurry up new Quarks!

Default Re: Hurry up new Quarks!

I use a Nitecore D2 charger. I didn't include much of our correspondence but I did discuss how the problem was with both the GP and the Eneloop cells as well as the fact they were fully charged. All cells are reasonably fresh to brand new. As for the driver board, its not just loose but unsecured by design, and they confirmed that as well in our emails. I have some other complaints about the light but basically its NOT a $70 flashlight and the company does not offer customer service on par with others at half that price.

Lesson learned. I will be avoiding Premetheus/foursevens from here on.

They make no secret of the driver being unsecured. If you read the information the company provides on the product page, this fact is advertised as a feature that enables users to modify the light at will. As a consequence, the loose driver board isn’t actually difficult to solve. It screws in. If you can install a lightbulb, you can fix the driver board.
    I’m curious what your “other complaints” are about the light.
    I personally own a QK2A MKIII and I can attest that the light is quite good and functions exactly as advertised. I can also assure you that it IS easily a $70 light, and that price is actually very reasonable considering all of the features put into the light. When compared side by side to other lights costing several times as much money, it holds its ground quite well, and performs fantastically. When compared to lights in similar price ranges, like Surefire or StreamLight, this light is head and shoulders above the competition particularly in the categories of tint and color rendering.
    Also, my, and many others experiences with Prometheus customer service have been nothing but positive. If you’re nice, they’re nice. If you’re aggressive, condescending, insulting, etc., they respond in kind.

I was wanting to order a quark and saw on the site the preorder is gone. Does that mean there in stock ready to shio?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ncvarmint2016 View Post
    I was wanting to order a quark and saw on the site the preorder is gone. Does that mean there in stock ready to shio?
    thanks
    They're in stock and currently on sale. darksucks.com
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Thanks
    just wanted to make sure i didn't have to wait a month.
    this will make my 8th quark but first darks sucks version

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    They're in stock and currently on sale. darksucks.com
    Thanks
    just wanted to make sure i didn't have to wait a month.
    this will make my 8th quark but first darks sucks version
    Thanks CG
    I could not get on yesterday due to CPF Server attacks, and saw the email update.

Quarks are on Holiday sale right now.
    The Pre-Order Quark sales have finished and shipped, the remainder are up and in stock .
    GL

Got a tailstand cap for my 1X14500 Quark. Works like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by Ad_ View Post
    I have contacted support about it, but haven't been able to resolve these issues (I've checked that everything is tightened, the threads & contacts are clean, battery is fine, I know I'm not doing anything incorrectly because it did initially work as it should and I didn't have any trouble changing modes/configuration/accessing burst mode then). So it looks like it will have to be returned
    To follow up on this, I returned my QK16L and was sent a replacement, which I've now had for over a month. I've been using it daily since it arrived and it has been working great so far The only odd thing I've noticed is that it flickers slightly when it's running in low mode, but it isn't noticeable in use.

Glad You got it worked out

I finally got one and really like it. I prefer the old pocket clips myself and i also bought a deep carry clip and not fond of it but i do love the tail cap extender that came with it. May order another one and swap the led for a 4000k sst-20 though, i am more of a 4000k guy these days but the 5000k in this light is nice also

I finally got one and really like it. I prefer the old pocket clips myself and i also bought a deep carry clip and not fond of it but i do love the tail cap extender that came with it. May order another one and swap the led for a 4000k sst-20 though, i am more of a 4000k guy these days but the 5000k in this light is nice also
    Always glad to read someone is enjoying their new flashy. Did you also purchase the new optic for your Quark? I have one and even though I prefer a nice wide field of illumination, I haven't taken the optic out of the light since it first arrived.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Always glad to read someone is enjoying their new flashy. Did you also purchase the new optic for your Quark? I have one and even though I prefer a nice wide field of illumination, I haven't taken the optic out of the light since it first arrived.
    I will add to this, the size and shape of the LED die changes the lenses beam pattern .

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    I will add to this, the size and shape of the LED die changes the lenses beam pattern .
    Yes, indeed. I prefer the new Quark's "hot spot" to the ones of the older Quarks. The newer Quarks have a much less defined field of illumination.

It’s really surprising how much range you get out of 1.5 lumens on low. Seeing the far side of a room or into another room is no problem. For me, I see this as a “task” type light, best suited for work and utility use, and I like the slightly brighter 1.5 lumen low vs the more common 1 lumen low of many other lights. I would love to try a QK16L side by side with my QK2A. Any word on the QKA arrival?
    GL- I gotta send you a PM.

[QUOTE=Chauncey Gardiner;5358404]Always glad to read someone is enjoying their new flashy. Did you also purchase the new optic for your Quark? I have one and even though I prefer a nice wide field of illumination, I haven't taken the optic out of the light since it first arrived. [/QUOTE

Optic? Are you taking about the aspheric lens kit?

No, I was writing about it.
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 01-04-2020 at 05:36 PM.

No, I was writing about it.
    And I was commenting about it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456