Fenix E01

Burgess

Flashaholic
Yes, it is TRUE.
:(

Fenix has Discontinued their E01 flashlights.

:mecry:

Be advised --
There is a "somewhat similar" flashlight,
called the Sofirn C01
which uses the Yuji LED.

Not readily available in the USA,
as I had to order mine directly from
the manufacturer in China.

Delivery took 4 weeks.

* UPDATE * -- My 6,000th Post on CPF !

Last edited:

dmattaponi

Enlightened
One of the most overrated lights out there, due at least in part to the group speak of forums...just my not so humble opinion :)

Last edited:

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
I've never had an E01 but the Sofirn C01 has quickly become one of my favourite lights at any price. Got mine for $6.50.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't know about the Sofirn C01. Dang, that is similar. I'll have to get one of those eventually. I think the E01 just has a lot of nostalgia behind it and has been around forever for so many people now :)

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't know about the Sofirn C01. Dang, that is similar. I'll have to get one of those eventually. I think the E01 just has a lot of nostalgia behind it and has been around forever for so many people now :)

There is no eventually, unfortunately. Their total production plan was about 2000 lights. There are around 100 listed as currently in stock on Sofirn's Ali Express page, and I'm not sure if they have any more left to build once those are gone. The high CRI Yuji emitter it uses is reported to be discontinued, and the warm version is no longer available.

On the plus side, the Sofirn C01 Pro will be available soon, which should have a similar body, a high CRI SST-20 emitter, and 2 modes. It's probably more like the Fenix E05 though, than the E01.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

The C01 has a sort of nostalgic feel to it too, especially the 3200K version. If you're going to want one, I'd act fast though, it seems all of the black 3200K are gone, but you can still get it in blue or red. The 5600K seems to still be available in all 3 colors. Also, if you have never bought anything from Ali Express before, there's a 3 dollar off coupon for new users.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C01 has a sort of nostalgic feel to it too, especially the 3200K version. If you're going to want one, I'd act fast though, it seems all of the black 3200K are gone, but you can still get it in blue or red. The 5600K seems to still be available in all 3 colors. Also, if you have never bought anything from Ali Express before, there's a 3 dollar off coupon for new users.

thanks for the heads up that they restocked the black, at least in 5600,
there is also 3200 in red and blue

Last edited:

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. The black is sold out again. There were 14 just a few hours ago.

Maybe Sofirn should consider getting another 1000 of the 5600K while they're still available. They can even go for the 45 degree this time.

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
I think the 5600 is a heckuva keychain light. It's a bit brighter and slightly more focused. But for indoor use the 3200 is The ONE.

Last edited:
More output, much less run time...is the E05 even potted? It doesn't have the same features as the E01.

EO5 = 21+ hours on low but will also blast 85 lm if you need some light. That is what I like about it. I'd say basically same features as E01 and plus more. I'll sacrifice some runtime for a more versatile key chain light. To each his own.

mtrunner

Newly Enlightened
EO5 = 21+ hours on low but will also blast 85 lm if you need some light. That is what I like about it. I'd say basically same features as E01 and plus more. I'll sacrifice some runtime for a more versatile key chain light. To each his own.
But...is it as tough as the E01?
i like indestructible...

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
+1 to this. I've used keychain lights since the 80s going from a useless Solitaire to Pelican then UK2AAA lights then UK2AAA eLED then Dorcy AAA LED then finally a Fenix LD01SS in 2010. I've found the UK2AAA has a 20 hour runtime and the only advantage of it to me was I was using alkaline RAM AAA cells (rechargeable) and as they were recharged they lost capacity to the point the light would only run 30 minutes between charges before I figured out something was wrong. Since I started using the Dorcy AAA I've rarely needed runtime longer than 2 hours max and never have had my LD01SS battery die on me in use often running it on high for periods of time.
As a flashaholic when I suspect I would need a light I never depended on my EDC lights first they were my backup I use headlamps and other lights sometimes taking several of them so having a 20 hour AAA keychain light isn't useful at all. I carry a second UK2AAA light modded with a 5mm LED direct driven by a pair of L92s for backup cells to my LD01SS. I've never had to use the 2 backup batteries in the past 10 years but have them anyway.
To put it simply if you need 20 hours runtime and depend on a single AAA light for it then perhaps you aren't truly a flashaholic.