Malkoff        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fenix E01

Unenlightened

Default Fenix E01

Discontinued? Sad to see that! Is it true? Is there something similar?

Default Re: Fenix E01

Yes, it is TRUE.

Fenix has Discontinued their E01 flashlights.

Be advised --
    There is a "somewhat similar" flashlight,
    called the Sofirn C01
    which uses the Yuji LED.

Not readily available in the USA,
    as I had to order mine directly from
    the manufacturer in China.

Delivery took 4 weeks.

* UPDATE * -- My 6,000th Post on CPF !
    Last edited by Burgess; 02-25-2019 at 08:28 PM. Reason: My 6,000th Post !

We asked them not to.

There may be another version at some point.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...93-E01-or-bust
    The E01 or bust thread at the Fenix Store section.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 02-25-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by mtrunner View Post
    yes in USA, yes, yes

Compare and Contrast the Sofirn C01 to the Fenix E01 and similar flashlights
    both brands are still available overseas

Default Fenix E01

One of the most overrated lights out there, due at least in part to the group speak of forums...just my not so humble opinion :-)
    Last edited by dmattaponi; 02-26-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by dmattaponi View Post
    One of the most overrated lights out there, due at least in part to the group speak of forums...just my not so humble opinion :-)
    BLASPHEMY! Come my brothers and sisters with your pitchforks and torches!
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

It's pronounced EO5, and it's a sooooo much better light.

Quote Originally Posted by JimIslander View Post
    It's pronounced EO5, and it's a sooooo much better light.
    More output, much less run time...is the E05 even potted? It doesn't have the same features as the E01.
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... Fenix E01

Quote Originally Posted by defloyd77 View Post
    BLASPHEMY! Come my brothers and sisters with your pitchforks and torches!
    Lol, yes, I know. Please forgive me :-)

Iíve never had an E01 but the Sofirn C01 has quickly become one of my favourite lights at any price. Got mine for $6.50.

Didn't know about the Sofirn C01. Dang, that is similar. I'll have to get one of those eventually. I think the E01 just has a lot of nostalgia behind it and has been around forever for so many people now

Quote Originally Posted by martinaee View Post
    Didn't know about the Sofirn C01. Dang, that is similar. I'll have to get one of those eventually. I think the E01 just has a lot of nostalgia behind it and has been around forever for so many people now
    There is no eventually, unfortunately. Their total production plan was about 2000 lights. There are around 100 listed as currently in stock on Sofirn's Ali Express page, and I'm not sure if they have any more left to build once those are gone. The high CRI Yuji emitter it uses is reported to be discontinued, and the warm version is no longer available.

On the plus side, the Sofirn C01 Pro will be available soon, which should have a similar body, a high CRI SST-20 emitter, and 2 modes. It's probably more like the Fenix E05 though, than the E01.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by martinaee View Post
    The C01 has a sort of nostalgic feel to it too, especially the 3200K version. If you're going to want one, I'd act fast though, it seems all of the black 3200K are gone, but you can still get it in blue or red. The 5600K seems to still be available in all 3 colors. Also, if you have never bought anything from Ali Express before, there's a 3 dollar off coupon for new users.
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

Quote Originally Posted by defloyd77 View Post
    The C01 has a sort of nostalgic feel to it too, especially the 3200K version. If you're going to want one, I'd act fast though, it seems all of the black 3200K are gone, but you can still get it in blue or red. The 5600K seems to still be available in all 3 colors. Also, if you have never bought anything from Ali Express before, there's a 3 dollar off coupon for new users.
    thanks for the heads up that they restocked the black, at least in 5600,
    there is also 3200 in red and blue
    Last edited by jon_slider; 02-26-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Wow. The black is sold out again. There were 14 just a few hours ago.

Maybe Sofirn should consider getting another 1000 of the 5600K while they're still available. They can even go for the 45 degree this time.

I recall when the Arc AAA was the greatest thing.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

I think the 5600 is a heckuva keychain light. Itís a bit brighter and slightly more focused. But for indoor use the 3200 is The ONE.
    Last edited by Hugh Johnson; 02-27-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanBurn View Post
    More output, much less run time...is the E05 even potted? It doesn't have the same features as the E01.
    EO5 = 21+ hours on low but will also blast 85 lm if you need some light. That is what I like about it. I'd say basically same features as E01 and plus more. I'll sacrifice some runtime for a more versatile key chain light. To each his own.

Unenlightened

EO5 = 21+ hours on low but will also blast 85 lm if you need some light. That is what I like about it. I'd say basically same features as E01 and plus more. I'll sacrifice some runtime for a more versatile key chain light. To each his own.
    But...is it as tough as the E01?
    i like indestructible...

+1 to this. I've used keychain lights since the 80s going from a useless Solitaire to Pelican then UK2AAA lights then UK2AAA eLED then Dorcy AAA LED then finally a Fenix LD01SS in 2010. I've found the UK2AAA has a 20 hour runtime and the only advantage of it to me was I was using alkaline RAM AAA cells (rechargeable) and as they were recharged they lost capacity to the point the light would only run 30 minutes between charges before I figured out something was wrong. Since I started using the Dorcy AAA I've rarely needed runtime longer than 2 hours max and never have had my LD01SS battery die on me in use often running it on high for periods of time.
    As a flashaholic when I suspect I would need a light I never depended on my EDC lights first they were my backup I use headlamps and other lights sometimes taking several of them so having a 20 hour AAA keychain light isn't useful at all. I carry a second UK2AAA light modded with a 5mm LED direct driven by a pair of L92s for backup cells to my LD01SS. I've never had to use the 2 backup batteries in the past 10 years but have them anyway.
    To put it simply if you need 20 hours runtime and depend on a single AAA light for it then perhaps you aren't truly a flashaholic.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

I plan on using them in some tiny kits that I am making. Planning on using light for a period of time, headlamps are top of my list, then have a back up or two.

Some might rely on them...pretty heavily actually...I know of at least 1 man of few lights that used a single Fenix E01 for a weekend of camping. These lights are good backups or lights that you can always EDC with you to get you through a night if needs be.

...any light is better than none, these just happen to be very inexpensive and somewhat indestructible that's all.
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... Fenix E01

Quote Originally Posted by LeanBurn View Post
    .. tiny kits... headlamps
    ...any light is better than none, these just happen to be very inexpensive and somewhat indestructible that's all.
    well said
    kits are fun

Imagine an E01 with your choice of warm or cool High CRI LED, and a reversible pocket clip that works as a hatlamp

Last edited by jon_slider; 02-27-2019 at 05:16 PM.

The Sofirn C01 is what I am using for the kits for sure!...I have a couple already and more on the way (see signature)

Enlightened
    s, p, d & f orbitals.. somewhere in the Rockies

These small lights like the E01 are often the most useful when camping. On a 10 day wilderness outing, I used an E01 for trail navigation and a Pak-lite for reading at night. I had larger lights for "just in case," but these small lights were more than enough for most needs. The spill from the E01 was enough to nicely assist others around me on trails. Rather enjoyable to see how perfectly adequate they were, too. I don't think I even turned on the bigger lights on that trip.

Quote Originally Posted by mtrunner View Post
    Hi there! We have the E01 upgraded to E01 V2.0, you can consider to have it back!

Quote Originally Posted by fenix1 View Post
    Hi there! We have the E01 upgraded to E01 V2.0, you can consider to have it back!
    Not the same, for sure. So many alternatives to a Fenix 1xAAA now, it's easy to overlook their new offerings.

In my opinion, they let too much time pass between the end if the E01 and release of the E02.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

The new E01 V2 is basically a slightly upgraded E05. Have no idea why they call it the new E01.

I never understood why the E05 wasn't called the E01.1 but it aint up to me to name it.
    And yes the v2 could certainly be called an E05.1 in my view.
    John 3:16

Question --

Is the NEW one "potted" ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess View Post
    Question --

Is the NEW one "potted" ? ? ?

No itís not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast