Coast HP14

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
So a couple years back I switched to AA glove box lights with L91 cells... One of these was the Coast HP14. At the time my Surefires and other CR123 lights were pretty dated and I like the idea of being able to use regular AA cells if needed. Anyways this light has sat in my wife's glove box for about 2-3 years now and generally works pretty well. Unfortunately if does this thing where if you haven't used it for a while it won't turn on... I mean, eventually it will start working again after cycling the switch a bunch of times. R&R of the battery holder and tailcap doesn't seem to help. This has persisted through multiple cleanings. Personally, on a light priced at $70 I find this absolutely unacceptable. Like or dislike Coast lights otherwise (I'm in the middle) this is becoming a real deal breaker. To top it all off, they want to you only to pay for shipping to them but also front return shipping money on any warranty repairs!

I have another multiple AA light in my truck, the 5.11 A6. Becoming a little dated now but really works great with good through and plenty of runtime. So far its been rock solid. Both these lights were picked up at very deep discounts so no worries there. Any suggestions for a multiple AA format light in this general size range (I like a light thats big enough to find easily) for use as a glove box light? Reasonably good throw is a must and I would prefere a hi/low mode though its not that important.

ICU812

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight Protac series makes some awesome lights for AA, AAA, CR123, 18650.