living in mexico

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im thinking a moveing there till 2020 or 2024 . is there anything i need to know? i love the woman from mexico there smart and short like me lol .all these usa woman are taller then me lol. plus i love the culture

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
My wife is from there and She is very tall. She says no one in her family feels safe there, and they have massive land in a rancho. Research what you are about to do, no one in her family in the US, will cross that border in this state of things. Many in her family have just disappeared without a trace over the last few years, cousins, aunts, uncles gone, just gone.

Really, you would have been safer in the jungle against the VC, and the NVA in Vietnam than Mexico today.

Just want to add best of luck, have stacks of twenties to bribe the cops, as they will not be your friend.

There are plenty of Latinas here, why take the risk, and he is right no water or ice cubes. I miss going to Mexico but, the drug cartels are everywhere.

You also must, must speak the Spanish in Mexico, or you will be lost.

Again, best of luck.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
My wife is from there and She is very tall. She says no one in her family feels safe there, and they have massive land in a rancho. Research what you are about to do, no one in her family in the US, will cross that border in this state of things. Many in her family have just disappeared without a trace over the last few years, cousins, aunts, uncles gone, just gone.

Really, you would have been safer in the jungle against the VC, and the NVA in Vietnam than Mexico today.

Just want to add best of luck, have stacks of twenties to bribe the cops, as they will not be your friend.

There are plenty of Latinas here, why take the risk, and he is right no water or ice cubes. I miss going to Mexico but, the drug cartels are everywhere.

You also must, must speak the Spanish in Mexico, or you will be lost.

Again, best of luck.

yeah crooked cops scare me ill stay my happy but in the usa

Lumen83

Enlightened
Whereabouts in the US are you? You could always move to a part of the US with a higher concentration of Mexican people/Culture and try to find a shorter woman there.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Whereabouts in the US are you? You could always move to a part of the US with a higher concentration of Mexican people/Culture and try to find a shorter woman there.

im iin north ga on lake lainer lol soon to be in lake lanier the water is crazy high i think they said the most high in 50 years

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I know very little about Mexico (closest I got was ~10yrs in New Mexico); but after traveling through Costa Rica for a couple weeks, I would very much recommend there instead.

There is a substantial US community there, English speakers are not uncommon, the food is AMAZING, the people are wonderful, and crime/corruption seemed to be very minor (if at all).

Edit: And I believe that CPF Alumnus GreenLED lives there, or at least lived there for quite a while.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i for sure dont fit in here in the south usa... i miss cleveland and id love nyc.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spent a lot of time on vacation and deep sea fishing in Baja in the 80s & 90s and had a wonderful time. Good food, cheap lodging and a beautiful coastline. I have a lot of great memories (Hussong's, Papas and Beer, etc.), but things got ugly quickly soon after. Haven't been back since except for a cruise ship stop.

Like all countries, some places are safer than others. Mexico city murder rate is about the same as Houston. Yucatan? Utterly safe. Southern Baja? Utterly safe! Do your research and choose wisely.

Mexican states considered safe by US Department of State, with no travel advisories:

• Baja California Sur
  • Campeche
  • Chiapas
  • Estado de Mexico
  • Guanajuato
  • Hidalgo
  • Mexico City DF
  • Oaxaca
  • Puebla
  • Queretaro
  • Quintana Roo
  • Tabasco
  • Tlaxcala
  • Yucatan

MEXICO CITY (AP) - Gunmen burst into a bar in the Caribbean resort city of Cancun and opened fire, killing five people and wounding five more, authorities said Saturday. Quintana Roo state prosecutors said in a statement that the attack took place in a club called La Kuka, which is located on a main avenue in central Cancun about 4 miles (6 kilometers) away from the seaside tourist hotel zone.http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/us-world-news/five-people-shot-dead-at-bar-in-cancun