Coast HX5

Ford1500

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone ever tried the new coast hx5. I just found out about this light and it runs on a 14500 battery. I was planning on getting a lumintop tool 2.0 AA that has a high brightness of 650 lumens on a 14500 battery. They are both similar in price so im not sure which one to get.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the lumintop has a great reputation and many here really like it.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you referring to the HX5R?

I've been carrying the original HX5 for a couple of years and it's my most used light. Is there a new version? I only use NiMh batteries in it.

I've never used the Tool.

Ford1500

Newly Enlightened
This one is just called Coast HX5. Hows the beam distance with your light. Is it any good outdoors? Like if you lost something and had to look for it. The 14500 is supposed to greatly increase its output.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
This one is just called Coast HX5. Hows the beam distance with your light. Is it any good outdoors? Like if you lost something and had to look for it. The 14500 is supposed to greatly increase its output.

I assume that the beam distance is what Coast advertises - I've never made any effort to measure it.

I find it quite handy inside and outside, but I don't use it as a search light outside. The adjustable focus is it's most useful feature.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone ever tried the new coast hx5. I just found out about this light and it runs on a 14500 battery. I was planning on getting a lumintop tool 2.0 AA that has a high brightness of 650 lumens on a 14500 battery. They are both similar in price so im not sure which one to get.

How about both!
You need a backup :)