Lumintop GT MICRO 1000 Lumen Pocket Thrower.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

This little guy really looks just like the BLFGT. It performs like it too for its size. Not even sure what to compare it to.

Let us know what you think!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
That thing is a monster haha! Nice review as always. If you want a nice 2xaa light to review check out the factor equipment Mizpah 300.

Nimitz68

Enlightened
I've never owned a Lumintop flashlight but I ordered the NW version based on your review. It looks very cool! Thanks for letting us know about this.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fantastic review as always! I love my 14500 lights. I have the BLF and the mini. Looks like I'll have to add the micro now!

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Okay, so two weeks have passed and I have only heard from the seller (Neals Gadgets) once at the beginning of this week saying they had just received the instruction manual and my light would be sent that day. Since then, crickets. Are their communications typically this lacking?

I'm trying to decide if I should just open a claim with Paypal and request a refund. Since I've never done business with this gentleman I'm unsure if this is typical. Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, so two weeks have passed and I have only heard from the seller (Neals Gadgets) once at the beginning of this week saying they had just received the instruction manual and my light would be sent that day. Since then, crickets. Are their communications typically this lacking?

I'm trying to decide if I should just open a claim with Paypal and request a refund. Since I've never done business with this gentleman I'm unsure if this is typical. Thanks for any feedback.

Hi, My experience with Neal has been very good. I have hit the language barrier a time or two working with him, but every single light I have ordered from him has arrived. It will probly take a few weeks before your light arrives. Even if something did go wrong I doubt you would need to to file a paypal claim. Myself an many others from BLF have been working with him for years now. I have found him to be one of the very best sellers in China.

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Hi, My experience with Neal has been very good. I have hit the language barrier a time or two working with him, but every single light I have ordered from him has arrived. It will probly take a few weeks before your light arrives. Even if something did go wrong I doubt you would need to to file a paypal claim. Myself an many others from BLF have been working with him for years now. I have found him to be one of the very best sellers in China.

I just filed my claim with Paypal. More than three weeks and not even a tracking number which shows some kind of movement. It's a shame as I was looking forward to trying this out.

Just another reason why I prefer to stay within the U.S.

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
As a point of reference I ordered my GT Mini from Neal last August and experienced similar very poor communication and a lack of tracking information. Eventually my light arrived but I was not happy with how things went and not sure about ordering from him again. Now if things were tied up in customs and out of his control then that is understandable - but he still should do his best to keep his customers informed.

Just my 1.5 cents...

Now this new GT Micro looks awfully appealing for sure!

Cheers,
Tim

Nimitz68

Enlightened
An update: After escalating the claim with Paypal I received an email from Neal explaining the courier had delayed the shipment. My DHL tracking number now shows progress and estimated delivery of 3 April. Hopefully I will receive the light, batteries, and holster ordered. I will post when there is news.

Last edited:

Nimitz68

Enlightened
DHL tracking number shows more progress and new estimated delivery of 9 April. We are moving in the wrong direction. Hopefully I will receive the light, batteries, and holster ordered. I will post when there is more (hopefully better) news.

Diomedes

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review, VOB. Very nice little pocket thrower. Tempted between this and the Emisar D1.

Andrey

Newly Enlightened
Tempted between this and the Emisar D1.
Haha! D1 fits perfectly for minimal thrower using the 18650 cells I'm moving to for backpacking. But I couldn't stand cuteness of GT Micro when I saw it. Thus ordered both! :devil: At these prices it's a steal!

GT Micro from Vinh with high CRI 4000K SST20. Can not wait to receive it!

Nimitz68

Enlightened
I'm happy to report my Lumintop GT Micro NW, batteries, and holster arrived today. It took five weeks, but everything finally made it safe and sound. Charging batteries and will test this weekend.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm happy to report my Lumintop GT Micro NW, batteries, and holster arrived today. It took five weeks, but everything finally made it safe and sound. Charging batteries and will test this weekend.

Like Matt said, Neal is a highly trustworthy seller. You're just too impatient. :rolleyes:

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Like Matt said, Neal is a highly trustworthy seller. You're just too impatient. :rolleyes:

The issue was not the wait, but with the seller's lack of communication. I have purchased from sellers in Europe and Asia, and never had an issue as they were prompt with updates and notifications. I prefer not to deal with a seller whose communication skills are lacking. I like the light, but will not be purchasing again from Neal. Just my preference.