Need help finding a different pocket clip for Olight S30R Baton III

wosser

Newly Enlightened
The standard pocket clip for the S30R Baton III is a lens-up type, and I don't like it at all.

I'd like to find a replacement clip that can mount at the tail end of the light and allow it to go lens-down in the pocket.

Does anyone know of any spring-fitted pocket clip that can work with a tube diameter of 0.83 inches (21mm)?

I'd like a silver one preferably (e.g. unpainted stainless steel).

Because the Olight isn't designed for that, I realise that I'm going to have to use a lathe to turn down part of the knurling on the tube to allow a snug fit for a new clip.
The following image shows what I'm planning to do...

The red area will be cut on a lathe and the new clip (roughly shown in green) will snap around the red section. The blue part is the stock clip for reference.

33380550058_9149288892_c.jpg

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a look at darksucks.com. The Foursevens Mini Turbo MKIII clip looks like it would fit the bill.
Maybe they'd sell you one.
P

wosser

Newly Enlightened
Have a look at darksucks.com. The Foursevens Mini Turbo MKIII clip looks like it would fit the bill.
Maybe they'd sell you one.
P

I don't suppose you have one handy that you could measure accurately for me (the diameter of the barrel right where the clip snaps onto)?

It's a nice looking clip.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to labour my idea about 47's clips..........
If you search on Ebay for foursevens clip, kingofsoles has a few that look like they'll work.
He's a very helpful chap and will probably measure them for you.
Just a thought.
P

FAAbUlights

Newly Enlightened
I suggest the same clip that comes on the OLight H2R. It fits perfectly and is the best clip on a single 18650 flashlight I have used IMHO.