Any options to upgrade stock LED Maglite 3 cell? Can't find any options.....

tsouzee

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. I'm a new member here. Just ordered myself a Fenix PD35 v2. I also have a couple of 3 cell LED Maglites (not the ML300), and was looking into possibly upgrading one of them to get it brighter. It seems all the drop in upgrades are for the incandescent versions only. Anything I can do?

Thanks!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
To pluck out the LED from their classic line of LED's and install a drop in pill is not an option.

You might contact Adventure Sports or Vihn54 about doing something custom for you.

hsa

Enlightened
@tsouzee, if your Maglite is the type with the screw on collar over the led then you have a lot of options. Malkoff etc. These were between the incan and the current non ml 168 lumen version.

tsouzee

Newly Enlightened
^^^ Thanks everyone. Yes I have the standard on/off 168 lumen LED versions. Good light for what it is, but since I have a couple of them thought it would be interesting to get more power out of one them. Would probably be cheaper to just buy their 600+ lumen ML300 version anyway.

I sent an email to AdventureSports to see if they can offer something. Thank you.

maglite mike

Enlightened
There is also a new 4 D Cell version of the ML 300. It's over 1000 lumens. Probably cheaper than any upgrades to the existing lights.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the serial number starts with a D3, LED drop-ins will work, if it starts with DL3 it won't take a drop-in. If it is one of the later, it will be brighter than most of the LED drop-ins anyway. You could mod it or have someone do it for you, but it would be easier to use one of the incandescent Mags and the for the cost, you probably could get a new ML300.

tsouzee

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone. I responded earlier but seems like I'm still on probation and my post never made it through. But my other thread did so not sure what's going on. I appreciate the responses.

sgt253

Enlightened
Not trying to one up you hsa, just trying to help out fellow flashlight enthusiasts. Check out BrickSeek on the web. WalMart is closing out a ton of Maglite products. My local store had ML50L 3C's for $9.00. That's no typo. $9.00 USD for brand new in the package Maglites. I bought a few...

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
They want $73+ at wally and $47 on @m@zon up here in Canada for the ML50L 3C

:crackup:

mgd_hunterr

Newly Enlightened
Bumping this up - are there any LED upgrade options for the stock 3D LED (DL model) - I think it is currently 104 or 168 lumens. Thanks!