Runtime

• everled

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • all other pr lamps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any and all info on these are so welcome here too.
I have 2 red everled pr lamps.
One died in my 6d cell M Instrument, then POP! as I was putting the tailcap back on right after doing voltage and current measurements; huh? what the? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif
Voltage=7.9 and current 350ma 2.76 watts total.hmmm...
The other works occasionally with a dim red glow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Idunno what happened to it, it was working quite beautifully for a few weeks in my 1975 Eveready Commander 2D
with the large red bezel lit up real bright, and a useful, even, bright orange/red wide spot (handheld brakelight? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif).
Not now....I think I may have just gotten a couple from a bad batch, idunno. There's just no way anyone in it for the longhaul would make a bad product. Gotta be a fluke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif
Please shed some light on this if you can(in any color).
I also welcome comments, re:'s and reviews on other led pr flashlight lamps of any make or model. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I only have one everled, but it's worked fine every time I've used it. I run it in a 3 cell and a 4 cell light so that it's not too badly stressed. It's kind of nice.

I've also got an Epilon PR based luxeon set for 3 cells. It has a super small hotspot in a maglight. Both work for the purpose for which they were purchased.

Daniel

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
call up led supply and let then know.
of a sample of 3 i have had 2 die.
email is never returned but a call got mine replaced fast.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I'll do that and see what happens.
In the meantime I have an Inretech mc 660 on the way to replace them. I should have that by this Saturday or Monday.
I already have a 2 cell mag ready for it.
Keep up your good posts, I'm looking for and reading them.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I called Ledsupply and they say thay are now sending me 2 more.
This time both will be white (as per my request).
I now have 30 days to get the bad ones back to them (shouldn't be too hard) to avoid being billed for the new white ones.
Customer service was quite friendly there.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my replacements for both dead red everleds from www.ledsupply.com . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
A pair of really nice looking white everleds (per my request). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
They both seem to be holding thier own nicely in both my 2 d flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Time will tell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
The two red ones will be going back this week.
I'll still miss them, I wish they both could have made it.

soloco

Enlightened
Damn. That's much better service than I've received in the past. I've had 2 die. One was replaced, but it was like pulling teeth trying to get it.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just let them know what happened on the "telephone", and maybe, let them know you are a cpf member.
They want you to have nice things to say about thier products here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

ps. go for the white ones because they have the most r & d put into them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
I should have some screenshots soon for my 2 white ones because;
One looks like something's pee on white, while the other looks like a really cool mercury vapor " H.I.D. " white.
Both are good, but not equal.(making each a great collector's item for years to come.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

illumiGeek

Enlightened
I emailed LED Supply on Monday (03/22) about my Ever that went snap-crackle-pop on Sunday. Got a reply the same day:

What you will need to do is, send back the defective EverLED with the date code from the bottom of its original packaging (if possible). Tomorrow we will send out a replacement, but if we do not receive the defective unit within 30 days we will have to bill you for it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

A couple of days later (03/24) I packed up my fried EverLED and sent it off to LED Supply. I then emailed them to tell them I had sent it, and again got a reply the same day:

Tim, That is the correct address anyway, and we have already sent out your replacment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't know about the rest of you, but that's what I call service! Props to Coral Allen at LED Supply. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Aloha, iG

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Everled pr units appear to be like any other luxeon led product in that;
#1 They like to be a tad underdriven for long life (a 2 cell flashlight is usually good for that) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif
#2 If it goes into a 3 cell or bigger, make sure it has some kind of a heatsink such as; a metal socket to go into, metal reflector to hook up with (not a modern mirrored plastic one) and a metal flashlight case to go into is not a bad idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My suggestion would be to look for an older 1970's or older flashlight that's in good shape like you might find at a yard sale, 2nd hand store, the attic etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
The transition from it's vintage bulb to an everled will really make it look cool( not unlike giving an old motorcycle? no, Harley a serious restoration!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
ps;
I have one of mine in my 1975 Eveready Commander 2d and the other in a Dorcy early 90's 2d.
They both look great but, I'm now shopping around for a much older "metal and glass" 3d, or 5d flashlight to put one in for full brightness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

illumiGeek

Enlightened
My replacement EverLED came in today. With my original one I had lost the Luxeon lottery and got a yellow-greenie that was quite dim compared to another EverLED I have seen and a home made 1W light.

The new one seems brighter, but is very purple-pink, so it looks like I lost again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif At least it is bright, and it has the reverse polarity protection now.

In a PT40 it produces a bright hot spot that is white at the center and fades to violet at the edge. The hot spot is surrounded by a diffuse white ring. Compared to a Mag Xenon Star lamp, the Xenon Star produces a similar sized hot spot with no surrounding ring. Side by side they look similar in brightness, but the Xenon Star overwhelms the EverLED when superimposed.

I emailed LED Supply about my original one going snap-crackle-pop on the 22nd, and got my replacement today (the 27th). Great service!

So for sevice, LED Supply gets a big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

And for quality control, LED Dynamics gets a big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Sprocketman

Newly Enlightened
illumiGeek said: "I had lost the Luxeon lottery and got a yellow-greenie."

Same here. Two of them. Not the worst I have seen, but just green enough to be slightly nauseating. Probably ARC rejects. Sigh. Wish I had waited until they sell all the old ones and the new white ones that we keep hearing about replace them. At these prices I can't afford the lottery!

I have one in a 3d size M*g running on a 5 sub-D cell NiCd stick. It's drawing 200 ma, so I can't complain about wasting watts and the light output is ok. The beam is fine walking around the yard where everything is green and it just enhances the color. But elsewhere...the washing machine looks like a cat peed on it.

Randy

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif Call them on the phone and let them know what happened.
Just remember that it *IS* a relatively large, hot multijunction semiconductor that needs a heatink of some sort. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
See my suggestions a few posts back on this thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Both my new, replacement Everleds are still working fine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Wow!

I never thought to call today.

But last night I put my working Teal ELed into a Garrity 2AA light. The Incand bulb made a tight spot with spill. The ELed makes a very smooth wider 'spot' with some silliness around the outside. And MUCH brighter!

I can hardly wait to get a nice white Everled!!!

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good night everyone. 3rd shift ,snakebite and illumiGeek, could you please tell me if the smoked EverLEDs you got replaced were still under warranty at the time of the phonecalls or was it the power of using the CPF name that worked? Thanks.