Klarus        
Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 206063646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2231

Thread: HDS Systems EDC #22

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #22

Unscrew the two screws around the switch, carefully desolder the wire...but then the battery will still have to be extracted.
    Or maybe send it to HDS for repair?

I'm surprised the battery compartment can't be unscrewed from the head? Unless glued by whatever leaked inside?

I’ve told him to warm it up a bit with a blow dryer to hopeful help unglue whatever is going on with the threads. I’ve never heard of a 123 leaking but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium466 View Post
    Unscrew the two screws around the switch, carefully desolder the wire...but then the battery will still have to be extracted.
    You would still need to remove the spring assembly that is press fit in. The only way to do that is with access to the inside of the battery compartment.
    • 2700k 219C HDS Rotary • 3900k HDS Clicky • 4500k 219B HDS (Bare Al) Rotary •
    • 5700k (High Noon) HDS Clicky • 6200k XP-G2 Orange HDS Rotary • Ra-85-Tr •
    • UV 365nm HDS Rotary • FreLux Synergy2 • 4500k XPL RD BOSS •

Very strange. Leaky lithium would be toxic, right?
    “Experts” are wrong about half the time. And there are two reasons for the crenelations... [My_Lights]

Ok so looks like a lot to do about nothing. He friction taped it, used a strap wrench and and pipe wrench and a heat gun.

Apparently he may have over lubed it but I still don’t know how it could have tighten up to this extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default HDS Systems EDC #22

Quote Originally Posted by lion504 View Post
    Very strange. Leaky lithium would be toxic, right?

The heat gun helped the most. The battery was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapa

Quit a relief! I was worried about the dragon!
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Well we just found out it’s not a dragon. I thought he got this years back when they went on sale at GG. Instead it’s marked as xpg 1137 with a red contact circle.

So that would probably make it a 200lm edc clicky right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it.

I wonder whether the relative HDS vs BOSS output is closer than many think. My understanding is that multi-emitter lights are more efficient. And it's well established HiCRI Nichia 219B/C emitters are less efficient (OR BOSS with 219C provides about half the max output of the XPL HI).

Question for Hogo/Henry: holding other variables constant as much as possible, is the lumen output of a triple simply three times that of a single emitter?
    “Experts” are wrong about half the time. And there are two reasons for the crenelations... [My_Lights]

If you feed 1 amp to three emitters in parallel each one receives one third of the total current, so three emitters on 1A will be around the same
    luminosity as a single emitter on 1A, save for inconsistencies of resistance in the wiring or MCPCB traces.
    p
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

I've talked with Henry about making a triple. I still have the scars to prove it but his WTF face was almost worth it.
    I'll try to remember to ask him again on Monday and see if I can get a photo of his face. Might be hard because he has taken to throwing things at me... which is why I try to put small bottles of rum around for him to reach for.

Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    I've talked with Henry about making a triple. I still have the scars to prove it but his WTF face was almost worth it.
    I'll try to remember to ask him again on Monday and see if I can get a photo of his face. Might be hard because he has taken to throwing things at me... which is why I try to put small bottles of rum around for him to reach for.

Rum is better than racquet balls, which is what one of my Executive Officers in the Navy would throw.

Can you wait to ask until the Stainless and BeCu runs are done before you ask?

Also, I’ll take one.
    "Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal"

Last night as I was walking my dog, my Rotary went flying out of my hand and bounced on the asphalt end over end a couple of times (heart sinks) and I'm thinking that's going to leave a mark. So of course the first thing I do when I get home is check the light for damage. There's some dust on the lens and I check the tail and bezel and don't find ANY damage, can't even feel any rough spots anywhere. I suppose when I walk my dog later, I'm going to find some craters in the dog path.

Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    There's some dust on the lens and I check the tail and bezel and don't find ANY damage, can't even feel any rough spots anywhere. I suppose when I walk my dog later, I'm going to find some craters in the dog path.
    SS or 6061 tail? Either way, that's a great outcome. Thanks for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by lion504 View Post
    SS or 6061 tail? Either way, that's a great outcome. Thanks for the report!
    6061, no marks on the bezel either.

Last night as I was walking my dog, my Rotary went flying out of my hand and bounced on the asphalt end over end a couple of times (heart sinks) and I'm thinking that's going to leave a mark. So of course the first thing I do when I get home is check the light for damage. There's some dust on the lens and I check the tail and bezel and don't find ANY damage, can't even feel any rough spots anywhere. I suppose when I walk my dog later, I'm going to find some craters in the dog path.
    That is great.

Mine wasn’t quite as lucky a month ago when I was looking at something in the rafters of a shelter. The light fell a bout 10ft bounced a couple times on the concrete below landed in a mud puddle. It has some dings in the ano, but still works perfectly.

6061, no marks on the bezel either.
    👍

Triples. So there are a few ways to make them go... in series or in parallel. You want them in series. Remember that each emitter is a snowflake and the efficiency, temperature, CRI will all be slightly different even from the same bin. This means they will have varying brightness with the same current... if done in series, this can be mitigated by the design of the driver.
    The advantages of a triple is that you have more direct heat sinking running the emitters at the same output level that you would run a single... i.e. running each emitter at 33.3 lumens for a total of 100 lumens instead of running 1 emitter at 100 lumens... BUT you lose a lot of lumens in the reflector. Most triple reflectors are very inefficient at getting lumens out the front of the light, and typically, you get a lot of flood. Because of the losses in a triple it becomes a wash with a single. It really just depends on the beam pattern you want.
    I play with dead things

Triples have entered the HDS chat?
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Henry would make a great triple I‘m sure.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by LuxTacGear View Post
    Henry would make a great triple I‘m sure.
    But if he did, would he use it for caving?

No. We won't be making triples. I asked Henry about them just because it was asked here. If I want flood, I use a flood reflector.
    I play with dead things

Then will HDS make more flood reflectors?

No. We won't be making triples. I asked Henry about them just because it was asked here. If I want flood, I use a flood reflector.
    Gotcha, market flooded with triples anyways, no pun.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

If I want flood, I use a flood reflector.
    You don’t happen to have an extra one of those reflectors lying around somewhere do ya?! Say, behind some rum bottles or leather scraps...
    The beauty of Science hugely outranks the charms of superstition

Any chance of flood reflectors like the original one?

Missed the context on this one the first go-round and thought you had a giant Rotary next to normal-sized bottles. I'd like one of those. What'll it be, a 3x18650 Rotary?

Pretty please?
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

We looked into doing more flood reflectors. The problem was about a 80% fall out rate on the last ones (non GITD).
    That's when we figured out how to do the GITD ones... and the problem with those is how painfully time intensive they are to do.

I don't actually have any of the GITD ones myself... we didn't have so many and customers come before us so we sold them all. I do have a couple of the original white ones in some lights that I use.
    I play with dead things

Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 206063646566676869707172737475 LastLast