HDS Systems EDC #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Continued from here.

This is yours guys..
I have been remiss and I have alienated and been rather demeaning and often condescending in the previous thread... threads. I come about this naturally, and while my brother made a career out of it being an attorney, I have done it here which is bad juju. This isn't "Hogo's Thread" nor even "HDS Systems, Inc's" thread. This is your thread. I'm going to butt out for the most part and try to keep my evil twin away. I will follow it closely however, and answer questions where I can, but this Bud is for you Mr. HDS enthusiasts.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welp, this will be fun! Hopefully we can keep from killing each other verbally and just enjoy our lights and talking about then

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm still not sure what even happened!?????!????🤔🤔
Seems like just another day in the HDS thread To me

DinoCakes

Newly Enlightened
I'm super new here and to HDS ownership, but seeing Hogo's presence here, the direct line and interaction with HDS via Hogo, and the perpetually poignant and honestly quality humor and overall posts/information that Hogo provides on the regular is what made me say "sure I'll drop 300 on a single light, I like the company culture and relationship with the customer"

i now own 4 hds lights with another on the way (yeah I spring for the 2aa tube after the BOB thread)

no question Hogo is a value add across the board. Take all the time you need obviously, but know from my little corner of the map as a long time lurker, you are what sealed the deal for me.

Regards, and I decided to just snag a 3900K xp-l after not being able to find too much info on it. So I'll be sure to post some crappy beam shots ASAP.

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
To celebrate the new thread I just scored an OD Clicky!! Literally less than 5 minutes ago

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one from Ebay - Olive Drab?

Yep

d88551d966fa18a0600be8af2ddedeee.jpg

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost pulled the trigger on that one yesterday. If HDS offered a $398 upgrade service for these lights like on the titanium I would have done it. I can understand why they do not as it is probably really difficult to perform that service.

toads

Newly Enlightened
Hey Hogo, if you're listening from the shadows, the link in the previous revision that thread that leads to this page is missing an https:// in front of the www, takes you to a less secure version of this site.

caelyx

Newly Enlightened
I decided to just snag a 3900K xp-l after not being able to find too much info on it. So I'll be sure to post some crappy beam shots ASAP.

I'd love to see some beamshots if possible, particularly if you have a High Noon to compare it to. I'm pondering the 3900k XP-L or the 5000k XP-G3 next, assuming I'm not lucky enough to catch one of the remaining reserved 4000k/4500k high CRI options.

GoVegan

Enlightened
Hey Hogo, if you're listening from the shadows, the link in the previous revision that thread that leads to this page is missing an https:// in front of the www, takes you to a less secure version of this site.

Everyone should have EFF's 'HTTPS Everywhere' installed in Firefox/Chome/Chromium, it forces HTTPS connections where possible to avoid these types of issues. Never surf without it. Use 'privacy Badger' and 'uBlock Origin' too.

GoVegan

Enlightened
Well I just put in an order for another HDS. This time a HDS EDC LE. Yep gotta try and get us to 11% at least.

I really couldn't care less about High Noon, HiCRI, warm or Neutral emitters, blah blah. Just ordered it with the standard Cree XP-G2.
I only plan to switch the button to a flush one as to avoid accidental activations as I always pocket carry without using clips.

I have had the HDS EDC Executive for the last year, but find myself still carrying my Streamlight Protac1L (or 1L-1AA) or Malkoff MDC SHO at night as I have a strong preference for carrying a proper tactical light when out at night.
The interface of the EDC LE is great, and the runtimes on high is unheard of in any other single CR123 cell light. A comparison below:

HDS EDC LE:
Turns on to 110 lumens, runtime: 2.75 hours (tactical), 3.25 hours (ANSI).
Press-and-hold for 250 lumens, runtime: 1.65 hours (tactical), 2.0 hours (ANSI).
Double-click for 9 lumens, runtime: 30 hours (ANSI).

Malkoff MDC SHO
250 lumens, 45-60 mins.

Streamlight Protac 1L (180 lumen model I have)
High 180 Lumens / 2 hours (ANSI).
Low 12 Lumens / 24 hours (ANSI).

Streamlight Protac 1L (newer 275 lumen model)
High 275 Lumens / 2 hours (ANSI).
Low 22 Lumens / 24 hours (ANSI).

Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA
High 350 Lumens / 1.3 hours (ANSI).
Low 40 Lumens / 14 hours (ANSI).

Elzetta Alpha A112 (model I have)
415 lumens, 56 mins (ANSI).

Surefire E1B-MV
High 400 Lumens / 1.25 hours (ANSI).
Low 5 Lumens / 50 hours (ANSI).

Surefire EDCL1-T
High 500 Lumens / 1.0 Hour (ANSI).
Low 5 Lumens / 45 Hours (ANSI).

I have to admit I nearly did opt for the Surefire E1B-MV though, as much cheaper and international shipping was only 6 bucks via Amazon US compared to 75 bucks shipping for the HDS.
Hogo, HDS really should try to get more competitive pricing for shipping to keep customers.

Anyway I knew I wouldn't be happy with any of the Surefires's due to the protruding tailcap buttons, and the the HDS interface is way better for a tac light, pretty much fail safe so the decision was made. Also the Surefire's over tax the poor little CR123 and due to that get bad runtimes on high and have to step down way too soon, especially the E1B MV.
I think if HDS didn't exist any longer, or stopped offering a tactical clicky, then I'd probably have just stuck with the Protac series (although I find the strobe to be annoying on the default High/Strobe/Low mode, and the PWM on low sucks).

Last edited:

DinoCakes

Newly Enlightened
I'd love to see some beamshots if possible, particularly if you have a High Noon to compare it to. I'm pondering the 3900k XP-L or the 5000k XP-G3 next, assuming I'm not lucky enough to catch one of the remaining reserved 4000k/4500k high CRI options.

That was my exact rationale behind the 3900K, I have the 5700K and xp-g3 so i can compare the 3, if there are any specific types of shots you want let me know and i will facilitate your request, environment permitting of course.

This is about the only beamshot i was able to find thus far, but it looks pretty dang good based off this.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?449185-HDS-Systems-EDC-21/page2

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phew, made it.

@Hogokansatsukan

Dan,
Just wanted to say that we really appreciate your participation here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.